Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

The devil's in the details :P

If you have and are selling Slomatics - Future Echo Returns I call dibs! Been having issues finding a copy.

You also may want to just post a link. If your link is in your signature, people on mobile and people who have blocked signatures can't see it and will just be confused.

Edited by Ishtar

5 hours ago, Ishtar said:

If you have and are selling Slomatics - Future Echo Returns I call dibs! Been having issues finding a copy.

You also may want to just post a link. If your link is in your signature, people on mobile and people who have blocked signatures can't see it and will just be confused.

Aw yis. Thanks! Didn't think of mobiles.
Here it is for all folk.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/JoshuaNilk/profile?page=2

19 minutes ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Aw yis. Thanks! Didn't think of mobiles.
Here it is for all folk.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/JoshuaNilk/profile?page=2

No prob. I remembered that @lexicondevil I think mentioned a while back that he doesn't see sigs, and I also block them.

A reminder to those who actually want the Sleep live set that the cutoff to sign up is  a few days away. I finally ordered mine yesterday. I know people aren't that into live records, but I'm surprised more in this thread aren't all over this.

Has anyone listened to the Merlin live recording? I like it a lot and hope they press it. Also, if anyone has the Christ Killer TP and wants to sell or trade, let me know.

Not sure how interested everyone is in the Spaceslug/Dopelord/Weedpecker/Major Kong split, but the trans blue /100 is only available through the Major Kong bigcartel shop at this point. Ends up being close to $30 after shipping since it's an import. (always for these guys :/ )

Anyway, there you have it.

Sometimes I wonder if my preferences are just changing or if the quality of stoner doom is just taking a dive. Of course the new Sleep is great, but not a lot else is floating. I dig Black Tomb, but refuse to buy the new split, because when do I ever spin splits? Never. The newest Bongripper is good, but also not something I spin as much as I did Satan Worshipping Doom. Who will save the day? It ain't gonna be Conan. Maybe Goya?

Edited by lexicondevil

Totally with you with Conan...am not holding out any hope for Goya either. Lost me unfortunately.
Elephant Tree will be coming out with a new one though. Last one was so catchy but finally too much to warrant infinite replay value.
11 Paranoias though, maybe? Really soon....they're less stonery and a lot more psychedelic and doomy. Quite deep down into the wormhole.

39 minutes ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Totally with you with Conan...am not holding out any hope for Goya either. Lost me unfortunately.
Elephant Tree will be coming out with a new one though. Last one was so catchy but finally too much to warrant infinite replay value.
11 Paranoias though, maybe? Really soon....they're less stonery and a lot more psychedelic and doomy. Quite deep down into the wormhole.

Harvester of Bongloads was a ripper though! Gotta hold out hope for Goya.

There seem to be too many things that sound the same or its like a 40 dollar import and i worry i wont listen that often so i wont buy it.  

I still buy some stuff in this realm but its died down. I also miss when there were labels and distros that had a ton and could grab a few at a time. 

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

There seem to be too many things that sound the same or its like a 40 dollar import and i worry i wont listen that often so i wont buy it.  

I still buy some stuff in this realm but its died down. I also miss when there were labels and distros that had a ton and could grab a few at a time. 

Yeah, it's gotten expensive and samey. I've been getting some other stuff and just cooling it a little bit.

15 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Harvester of Bongloads was a ripper though! Gotta hold out hope for Goya.

Tbh, I havent spent too much time with that. I think they lost me after Obelisk started seeming a bit too cookie cutter to my liking. If anyone happens to be looking for a copy, I'll gladly part with my copy of the Die Hard version in exchange for having it in a loving home.

Actually sadly the whole genre as such does not seem to offer much to me these days. Just feel like there's so much derivative stuff and it's so oversaturated although am more than convinced it's partly to be attributed to my own cynical mindset of feeling like there's nothing new under the sun.  

12 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

I've filled the void with remembering how much I love Oranssi Pazuzu.

Yes! Absolutely amazing. I've yet to delve deep into their older stuff but been meaning to for long now.
And have no clue how I forgot Elder who will be bringing out a new one this year also (might be in the form of an EP, not sure if another album is coming up as well). Also, lest we forget Om.

Ididn't get the raving reviews of Paradise Gallows but I can definitely understand it now, as Relapse just threw up pre-orders for Inter Arma's newest.

And last but not least - Translation Loss recovered copies of Un's Sentiment repress for all you funeral-minded folk.

Edited by JoshuaNilk

Well, for some reason this grabbed me immediately

https://blindmonarch.bandcamp.com/album/what-is-imposed-must-be-endured

Also, I don't know how many of you are into Un, but this was an amazing surprise. Grabbed the cassette already a month ago as I didn't expect this to get a pressing at all but Translation Loss are really flying high right now and are putting their split with Coltsblood out along with Sentiment which is freaking epic. 

They're also swaying me pretty hard from breaking my promise of limiting expensive vinyl purchases. :(

http://translationlossrecords.bigcartel.com/product/coltsblood-un-split-lp-preorder

Edited by JoshuaNilk