Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I own far too many electric wizard records. Which 3 should i keep?

leaning towards dopethrone, come my fanatics and witchcult today. 

Solid selection, those comprise kind of a trilogy, right? I'd also put a vote in for s/t since it feels so different from the rest.

15 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Solid selection, those comprise kind of a trilogy, right? I'd also put a vote in for s/t since it feels so different from the rest.

I thought so. The other records are not bad they all kind of start to sound the same so dont really need 8 of them. 

21 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I thought so. The other records are not bad they all kind of start to sound the same so dont really need 8 of them. 

Yeah, I feel that way sometimes too. Definitely should pare down the collection at some point, but also...eh.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:52 PM, Twistedshabazz said:

I own far too many electric wizard records. Which 3 should i keep?

leaning towards dopethrone, come my fanatics and witchcult today. 

If you have Supercoven you have to keep that, or sell it to me on the cheap. That's only one I don't have and I don't feel like spending over $200 to get one.

21 hours ago, CaptainHerbalLife said:

New Earth

40USD shipped from the UK for this though. Blergh.

*Edit. Well, at least it's a double LP

I passed on buying this. I've spent so much money over the last few weeks for overseas product. Shit, it's not like i'm Richie Rich or Daddy Warbucks where I can shit money and buy everything I want.

30 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

BTW, Haunt have yet another LP up for PO.

Trevor is a monster.

I haven't figured out what I think about Haunt yet. I haven't bought anything from them and I keep listening and mostly digging. I liked Beastmaker better. With Haunt I want to hear a little more balls in his vocals. It's missing grit, but the guitar playing is great.

Elephant Tree both album represses ! I guess the sophomore has been available for some time now.

https://elephanttreeband.bandcamp.com/album/elephant-tree

Going through my Slomatics collection atm and really falling in love with this band again. Future Echo Returns has to be their least enticing though, sadly. Anyone else feel that way? I absolutely abhor that sing-along harmonics part and still recall cringing when I first heard it. A Hocht on the other hand still has special magic to it.

Also, I just checked for tickets to All Them Witches' upcoming show in Finland and it turns out they've double booked it and Sleep's supposed to be playing on the same date which is fucking awful if they're going on the same exact time. The venue is like half a mile apart and I guess the agency is working on it so it might come out fine.  That is, if the show is still happening though.... Any news on Matt Pike's toe toe though, doe?

Edited by CaptainHerbalLife

4 hours ago, CaptainHerbalLife said:

Elephant Tree both album represses ! I guess the sophomore has been available for some time now.

https://elephanttreeband.bandcamp.com/album/elephant-tree

Going through my Slomatics collection atm and really falling in love with this band again. Future Echo Returns has to be their least enticing though, sadly. Anyone else feel that way? I absolutely abhor that sing-along harmonics part and still recall cringing when I first heard it. A Hocht on the other hand still has special magic to it.

Also, I just checked for tickets to All Them Witches' upcoming show in Finland and it turns out they've double booked it and Sleep's supposed to be playing on the same date which is fucking awful if they're going on the same exact time. The venue is like half a mile apart and I guess the agency is working on it so it might come out fine.  That is, if the show is still happening though.... Any news on Matt Pike's toe toe though, doe?

I looooove Slomatics and slept on Future Echo which is now impossible to find. Been searching for months trying to get a copy now even if it is their least desirable album. ::sigh:: Gotta get that collection complete. Not sure why I do that to myself, but eh.