Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Yeah, I'd imagine shipping is going to be a little nuts too. Plus pricing is in euros, so it actually ends up being more than $20/

That´s true...they´ve tended to have high shipping cost even inside Europe. I converted the euros to USD already so that´s one per album, correct. Also, keep in mind that a few of those albums are double LP´s so it actually comes down to 16USD for a record.

Considering that you wouldn´t fare anywhere close to that buying the albums separately, then it´s still a deal.

Ufomammut are great but I listen to them too rarely for me to pull that box set. Live they absolutely obliterate so I will never miss a gig of theirs that´s close by. Luckily they´ll have a gig here October which denotes "third time´s the charm" for me.

Also, for a hardcore fan, I imagine this would seem to seal the deal. All their tunes are near impossible to decipher. Kind of retains the mistery though...

Apart from the music albums themselves, the box set also contains a 64-page book with original covers, photos and lyrics to all songs as well as a poster, backpatch and sticker.

Oh hey. A new Slomatics track off that new album.

http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2019/05/30/exclusive-premiere-hear-slomatics-turn-the-gears-of-despair/

Edited by CaptainHerbalLife

Full stream now

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019/06/05/full-album-stream-slomatics-canyons/

And then this...made me lol. Get a LTD /100 album for the price of three records

https://webstore.earache.com/sleep-sleeps-holy-mountain-clear-vinyl?search=sleep

*Edit: also...what happened to this thread?
Stoner/doom is dead...all hail stoner doom!

Edited by CaptainHerbalLife

On 6/7/2019 at 1:02 PM, CaptainHerbalLife said:

And then this...made me lol. Get a LTD /100 album for the price of three records

https://webstore.earache.com/sleep-sleeps-holy-mountain-clear-vinyl?search=sleep

*Edit: also...what happened to this thread?
Stoner/doom is dead...all hail stoner doom!

ridiculous! Especially since I got the /100 green/green when they originally did these FDR reissues for normal price.

I do love clear vinyl, but not that much.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

18 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

ridiculous! Especially since I got the /100 green/green when they originally did these FDR reissues for normal price.

Same here. The purple copies of it are still available as well.

Yet to listen to this but it´s deemed to be a belter.

Ye

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered Frayle. Like other people have noticed, a definite Portishead doing DOOM sound. There are different ways to give away your money. They have a 7 inch box set  limited to either 100 or 200(?). Also, a 12 inch EP on white. Euro people can find it at https://laybarerecordings.com/ No full album yet. They're playing with Wolf Blood tonight in Ohio.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 9:55 AM, lexicondevil said:

The new Merlin album is running low. They have less than 100 yellow left. For some crazy reason I slept on their last one and it's hard to find for a good price. Looking forward to hearing what they do with this one.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:12 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Sooooo fucking over AllThatIsHeavy as a place to buy records. You guys get this "vault" email where they're selling old stock at secondary market prices? Ridiculous.

Looks like it already ended. Went to the vault page and you get an error message.

honestly that website sucks so bad now.  once it was sold just went right into the ground.  have not bought a single thing after that 66.6% sale...

1 hour ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Looks like it already ended. Went to the vault page and you get an error message.

honestly that website sucks so bad now.  once it was sold just went right into the ground.  have not bought a single thing after that 66.6% sale...

Same. Not sure I even bothered with that. Pretty much the only stoner/doom stuff I've been getting lately is stuff I already have a collection going for.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, Twistedshabazz said:

wonder what happened. the new guy Casey was quite open about planning on it being his livelihood. He deleted the (fairly dead) stonerrock.com forum that was attached to ATIH? Guess he didnt want having a dead message board making his business look less than thriving... or hearing from people slagging off his greedy prices... $24 t-shirts etc. Although to his credit that mega-gouging angle seems to be done away with now.

13 hours ago, Sprague Dawley said:

wonder what happened. the new guy Casey was quite open about planning on it being his livelihood. He deleted the (fairly dead) stonerrock.com forum that was attached to ATIH? Guess he didnt want having a dead message board making his business look less than thriving... or hearing from people slagging off his greedy prices... $24 t-shirts etc. Although to his credit that mega-gouging angle seems to be done away with now.

I'm sure he'll bring back the vault again at some point if it has gone down, don't worry, he'll gouge again.

Even if he doesn't, it put such a sour taste in my mouth I got off the mailing list now and I'll just get stuff elsewhere. Pretty lame to see retailers/distros do stuff like that.

ATIH was always hit or miss for me. The best thing I ever got from them was All Them Witches on orange.

On another note, Monolord are now on Relapse? They're releasing something tomorrow. I haven't been that impressed with them with every album after Empress Rising, so we will see if this is a must purchase. Happy for them that they made it off Riding Easy.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

ATIH was always hit or miss for me. The best thing I ever got from them was All Them Witches on orange.

On another note, Monolord are now on Relapse? They're releasing something tomorrow. I haven't been that impressed with them with every album after Empress Rising, so we will see if this is a must purchase. Happy for them that they made it off Riding Easy.

Best news of the week right there. I feel similarly about them, but I'm just glad to see them off RE.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Looks like I will finally own a copy of Rust. Those "Hendrix" colors are too cool.

https://www.ridingeasyrecs.com/product/monolordrust666/?fbclid=IwAR3H8agTd5qGmZGb8J3SFme7uVOOsn50WaZGjfVuuVQAnCtjg3_Uua7FxRI

You just know that guy chose the best looking one to showcase though and all the other ones look like doodoo though. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...