Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Man his prices have gone up and the releases dont sell like they used to. 31.99 plus shipping for an obi...

I feel like he's lost his rabid following with some of the boring bands he's released. Or maybe it's just a case of people moving on to focus on different sub-genres of metal. Anyone know if Goya is still around? Still dig those guys.

What bands, that we all used flip out about, are you people still into?

11 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I feel like he's lost his rabid following with some of the boring bands he's released. Or maybe it's just a case of people moving on to focus on different sub-genres of metal. Anyone know if Goya is still around? Still dig those guys.

What bands, that we all used flip out about, are you people still into?

Goya is still around, but they've mostly been touring, and they release on Opoponax pretty strictly.

I still dig those dudes, Crypt Trip, Spaceslug, Slomatics, Khemmis, Holy Serpent, and Spelljammer who I haven't heard anything new about lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Migration Fest full line up. 
Come to Pittsburgh and hang out dudes!

Migration Fest III:

Black Magnet
Buildings
Buried At Sea
Cavernlight
Couch Slut
Daeva
Falls of Rauros
False
Immortal Bird
Imperial Triumphant
Kowloon Walled City
Krallice
Mizmor
Nightfell
Obsequiae
Ruin Lust
Skeleton
Spirit Adrift
Thou and Emma Ruth Rundle
Tomb Mold
Ulthar
Vastum
Witch Vomit
Yautja
Yellow Eyes

On 2/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, Twistedshabazz said:

Migration Fest full line up. 
Come to Pittsburgh and hang out dudes!

Migration Fest III:

Black Magnet
Buildings
Buried At Sea
Cavernlight
Couch Slut
Daeva
Falls of Rauros
False
Immortal Bird
Imperial Triumphant
Kowloon Walled City
Krallice
Mizmor
Nightfell
Obsequiae
Ruin Lust
Skeleton
Spirit Adrift
Thou and Emma Ruth Rundle
Tomb Mold
Ulthar
Vastum
Witch Vomit
Yautja
Yellow Eyes

Can't this year, but starting next year I should be able to do more stuff.

Sometimes I think about going to one of these many festivals, but I don't know if I'd just poop out. I mean I couldn't even drive 40 minutes to go see HoF, Devil Master, Power Trip and Creeping Death. All solid bands and I love PT, but have never seen them. I need to get in a PT pit someday. Watch out for the crazy, old guy moshing it up with the kids!

Looks like the guy who runs Stoned Meadow of Doom Youtube channel is a piece of shit nazi and also a regular piece of shit. Guess I won't be posting any videos through his channel. Why do people have to be such assholes?

https://mfknzine.com/2020/02/17/stoned-meadow-of-doom-youtube-channel-outed-for-racist-comments-by-metal-community-alternative-channels-to-switch-to/?fbclid=IwAR08q_kQVjcvX3vfERHGWVKzqRo3p-R5zP72iGRcBJgCJXVVu7Tzvi6_a68

7 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Looks like the guy who runs Stoned Meadow of Doom Youtube channel is a piece of shit nazi and also a regular piece of shit. Guess I won't be posting any videos through his channel. Why do people have to be such assholes?

https://mfknzine.com/2020/02/17/stoned-meadow-of-doom-youtube-channel-outed-for-racist-comments-by-metal-community-alternative-channels-to-switch-to/?fbclid=IwAR08q_kQVjcvX3vfERHGWVKzqRo3p-R5zP72iGRcBJgCJXVVu7Tzvi6_a68

That's a real fucking bummer. Damn.

These guys are new to me. I guess they're from Argentina. The cover made me listen, if I'm being honest. Music sounds like the cover. Raw, creepy, dooooom. Looks like they're playing Psycho Fest this year. Don't know what this first pressing is limited to, but it is the first pressing.

https://creeppurple.bigcartel.com/product/mephistofeles-satan-sex-ceremonies-12

On 2/25/2020 at 6:21 PM, lexicondevil said:

These guys are new to me. I guess they're from Argentina. The cover made me listen, if I'm being honest. Music sounds like the cover. Raw, creepy, dooooom. Looks like they're playing Psycho Fest this year. Don't know what this first pressing is limited to, but it is the first pressing.

https://creeppurple.bigcartel.com/product/mephistofeles-satan-sex-ceremonies-12

I copped this as well. Guess I'll see them in Vegas!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Remember Curse the Son? They have a new one out. First track is different, but sounds promising. I wasn't that much into their last one, Isolator. Nothing beats Psycheache.

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2020/04/16/curse-the-son-premiere-suicide-by-drummer-confirm-june-12-release-for-excruciation/?fbclid=IwAR16wXfY5vYCjnJfERFojlz9JuZCj3cZrIyat8dkbzlKhye8IQL5AIaSh1A

https://ripplemusic.bigcartel.com/product/curse-the-son-excruciation

5 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Remember Curse the Son? They have a new one out. First track is different, but sounds promising. I wasn't that much into their last one, Isolator. Nothing beats Psycheache.

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2020/04/16/curse-the-son-premiere-suicide-by-drummer-confirm-june-12-release-for-excruciation/?fbclid=IwAR16wXfY5vYCjnJfERFojlz9JuZCj3cZrIyat8dkbzlKhye8IQL5AIaSh1A

https://ripplemusic.bigcartel.com/product/curse-the-son-excruciation

Yeah, didn't bother with the last album, but this sounds promising.

On 4/16/2020 at 4:05 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Yeah, didn't bother with the last album, but this sounds promising.

I ended up buying it directly from their bandcamp page. They just put them up yesterday.

Also, 42% off today at The Company site. Use "HAILTHELEAF" at checkout. They have Merlin, Curse the Son, etc...

Edited by lexicondevil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On a ridiculous Stoner/Doom kick lately, I just can't shake it (and don't want to, either).

Recent orders:

Bell Witch/Aerial Ruin - Stygian Bough

Witch - Witch

Monolord - Vaenir and Empress Rising (both Instrumental)

Other recent stuff I've been listening to a lot and probably will try to buy soon...

Khemmis - Everything

Drown - Subaqeous

Woods Witch - Sorrow. Anxiety. Depression.

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone

REZN - Calm Black Water

REZN - Let It Burn

Slow - VI - Dantalion

Catacombs - In The Depths of R'lyeh

Evoken - Hypnogogia

Fostermother - Fostermother

Golden Core - Fimbultyr

Recommendations...offers to sell cheap variants...all are welcome :D

5 hours ago, rooks said:

On a ridiculous Stoner/Doom kick lately, I just can't shake it (and don't want to)

Witch - Witch

Monolord - Vaenir and Empress Rising (both Instrumental)

Other recent stuff I've been listening to a lot and probably will try to buy soon...

Khemmis - Everything

Drown - Subaqeous

Woods Witch - Sorrow. Anxiety. Depression.

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone

REZN - Calm Black Water

REZN - Let It Burn

Slow - VI - Dantalion

Catacombs - In The Depths of R'lyeh

Evoken - Hypnogogia

Fostermother - Fostermother

Golden Core - Fimbultyr

Recommendations...offers to sell cheap variants...all are welcome :D

Are you new to the genre or just looking to find more stuff? This thread (though very long) has a ton of great suggestions for lesser known releases. 

Some things I would suggest:

Acid King

Ahab

Bongripper

Bongzilla

Buried at Sea

Conan

Cough

Eagle Twin

Forn

Goya

Hell

Lycus

Samothrace

Slomatics

Spelljammer

Yob

i could give a ton more but there is like 15 to start!

Edited by Twistedshabazz

2 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Are you new to the genre or just looking to find more stuff? This thread (though very long) has a ton of great suggestions for lesser known releases. 

Some things I would suggest:

Acid King

Ahab

Bongripper

Bongzilla

Buried at Sea

Conan

Cough

Eagle Twin

Forn

Goya

Hell

Lycus

Samothrace

Slomatics

Spelljammer

Yob

i could give a ton more but there is like 15 to start!

Appreciate it! Yeah, I've sampled a good majority of these, it's been a productive 3-4 weeks of running through stuff. Started out in Funeral Doom (which I love) and then moved into Doom\Stoner more broadly.

5 minutes ago, rooks said:

Appreciate it! Yeah, I've sampled a good majority of these, it's been a productive 3-4 weeks of running through stuff. Started out in Funeral Doom (which I love) and then moved into Doom\Stoner more broadly.

You bet! 

id check out mournful congregation, Tyranny and Loss as well if you have not already and dig the funeral doom stuff.