Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

On 1/21/2021 at 8:24 AM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

New DVNE albume on metalblade. From the sound of the first bit I listened to it's gonna be pretty good.

I've been waiting for this release for a long time. I still have their first record on heavy rotation. Too bad I missed the variants I would have chosen, oh well. Ended up with the grey/yelllow-green marble.

7 hours ago, pemulis said:

I've been waiting for this release for a long time. I still have their first record on heavy rotation. Too bad I missed the variants I would have chosen, oh well. Ended up with the grey/yelllow-green marble.

I had actually kind of forgotten about this band until some kind soul on reddit posted that this album was available for PO. I likely would have missed out entirely and been bummed when I found out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn those new Dvne songs are good. Also the "Omega Severer" EP was massive. Easily my favorite  band at the moment. So refreshing to listen, not a single boring moment.

Edit: As we speak, there is ONE COPY back in store of the /100 Clear/Black dusk variant:  https://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/metal-blade/search/index.php?search=Dvne

Edited by Portsi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 11:20 AM, lexicondevil said:

Sigh. I will never land a wax mage anything. :(

Edit: whoa, just happy to get a splatter this late in the game. Not sure how this is the first I've heard about this. Guess cutting out social media makes it tough to get limited stuff...

The good news is my Goya 12" collection endures.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 10:33 PM, lexicondevil said:

Like...I want this, because it would be great to have a real cover for these eps, but already owning them both makes it a tough buy for me.

1 hour ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Like...I want this, because it would be great to have a real cover for these eps, but already owning them both makes it a tough buy for me.

I hear ya, but Sleep. Clarity isn't even a fav of mine, but I really like Leagues. Though I will have a White Stripes box that I will probably sell.😜

9 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I hear ya, but Sleep. Clarity isn't even a fav of mine, but I really like Leagues. Though I will have a White Stripes box that I will probably sell.😜

Somebody mentioned prints which I went looking for and instead spent like $60 on ridiculous Sleep merch I definitely didn't need. Almost got the little catnip joint and nugs...may end up picking them up for my kitties at some point. Did end up getting some workout shorts? 🤣

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

Got myself going down a little stoner/doom hole now...I don't really keep up with social media anymore, so I had missed out on these.

A couple black copies of The Planet of Doom soundtrack are available here:

https://theplanetofdoom.bigcartel.com/product/the-planet-of-doom-first-contact-black-vinyl

has songs from Mos Generator, Messa, Vokonis, and Slomatics

New Slomatics/Ungraven (John from Conan) split available here:

https://blackbowrecords.bigcartel.com/product/exclusive-us-import-ungraven-slomatics-split

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Stuff has gotten so fucking crazy lately.

Seriously. Still not enough to get me to let go of mine.

I will also say that I miss the comradery we used to have in this thread when it was more active. It was a bright spot on VC where everyone was surprisingly cool with each other and helped each other out with releases. I guess the Extreme Metal thread and maybe a waning interest in stoner doom are the reasons. I have actually been getting back into listening to stoner doom again. Spun some Weedeater and Goya the other day and going to start listening to all the stuff we used to go crazy about.