Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Seriously. Still not enough to get me to let go of mine.

I will also say that I miss the comradery we used to have in this thread when it was more active. It was a bright spot on VC where everyone was surprisingly cool with each other and helped each other out with releases. I guess the Extreme Metal thread and maybe a waning interest in stoner doom are the reasons. I have actually been getting back into listening to stoner doom again. Spun some Weedeater and Goya the other day and going to start listening to all the stuff we used to go crazy about. 

I feel that.

I'm pretty amped about that Slomatics/Ungraven split, but I'm really looking forward to some new albums from both those bands (and Conan) at some point in the future. I still have a bunch of the text wizard numbers in my phone and weirdly thought about sending something out the other day just to say hey.

6 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I feel that.

I'm pretty amped about that Slomatics/Ungraven split, but I'm really looking forward to some new albums from both those bands (and Conan) at some point in the future. I still have a bunch of the text wizard numbers in my phone and weirdly thought about sending something out the other day just to say hey.

Man, I am listening to Soma on my crappy laptop speakers and DAMN! I forgot how fucking intense those guitars are. It reverberates somewhere deep inside your chest.

49 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Man, I am listening to Soma on my crappy laptop speakers and DAMN! I forgot how fucking intense those guitars are. It reverberates somewhere deep inside your chest.

Dude. Yes. Soma is a RIPPER. That and s/t are still my favorite Windhand albums. The others are still good, but those two are so killer.

8 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I feel that.

Text wizards unite!

pretty sure i still have the group text in my phone. 

i would agree this thread was a nice beacon of the board for quite sometime and everyone was super cool and helped each other discover alot of music. 

wish the genre grabbed me as much as it used to. I still enjoy it but everything started to sound the same and all the vinyl became expensive imports.  

i actually sold some of my stb releases as i lost interest in the label a bit and some of the bands i bought to “keep the collection going” and did not really like the band or play the records. 

Does the label even put out stuff anymore? I see on social media he runs sales occasionally but it never seems to be new titles. 

2 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Text wizards unite!

i would agree this thread was a nice beacon of the board for quite sometime and everyone was super cool and helped each other discover alot of music. 

wish the genre grabbed me as much as it used to. I still enjoy it but everything started to sound the same and all the vinyl became expensive imports.  

i actually sold some of my stb releases as i lost interest in the label a bit and some of the bands i bought to “keep the collection going” and did not really like the band or play the records. 

Does the label even put out stuff anymore? I see on social media he runs sales occasionally but it never seems to be new titles. 

A lot of stuff is really samey for sure.

I'm not sure what's going on with STB. I imagine it's pretty rough for bands to record right now with covid and whatnot.

Nice to see the old crew on here again.  I definitely drifted away for some reason.

But @MachoHommeRandallSauvageI think it was you and I getting really that Italian band Krownn band way back.  I don't think I'll ever part with those ones just remembering how cool it was to find that band.

https://krownn.bandcamp.com/music

3 hours ago, elsanto said:

Nice to see the old crew on here again.  I definitely drifted away for some reason.

But @MachoHommeRandallSauvageI think it was you and I getting really that Italian band Krownn band way back.  I don't think I'll ever part with those ones just remembering how cool it was to find that band.

Still have that as well. I remember wondering if it would actually show up.

11 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Text wizards unite!

I'm starting to feel that a lot of the death metal blackened black metal are starting to sound the same. I think that is why I'm going back to the memorable doom records now.

6 hours ago, elsanto said:

They actually have a new album out recently too! Can't justify the price for the Italian import though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Listen to the track "Foulstrand" via The Obelisk @ https://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2021/07/20/high-strange-woe-upon-man-foulstrand-premiere/

HIGH STRANGE "Woe Upon Man" LP / cassette
Members:
Jonathan Canady (Deathpile, Dead World)
Jay Newman (Unearthly Trance, Serpentine Path, Abandoner)
Conor Hickey (Brain Slug, Born Sinner)
Joe Branciforte (Carnivore A.D., All Out War)

Lyrically based on August Strindberg's "A Dream Play" HIGH STRANGE infuses their dark heaviness with a surrealistic edge. "Woe Upon Man" is a depraved cacophony of metal and noise primitivism, injecting blasts of fetid doom with mangled thrash. Massive slabs of rotted noise and low-end rumble into a seething mass of claustrophobic horror, creating a diverse and mind-blowing avant-heaviness.

Limited to 200 copies on black vinyl and 50 cassettes.

FFO: Bolt Thrower, Prurient, Full of Hell

Order @ https://chromepeelerrecords.bandcamp.com/album/woe-upon-man

8 hours ago, chromepeelerrec said:

Listen to the track "Foulstrand" via The Obelisk @ https://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2021/07/20/high-strange-woe-upon-man-foulstrand-premiere/

HIGH STRANGE "Woe Upon Man" LP / cassette
Members:
Jonathan Canady (Deathpile, Dead World)
Jay Newman (Unearthly Trance, Serpentine Path, Abandoner)
Conor Hickey (Brain Slug, Born Sinner)
Joe Branciforte (Carnivore A.D., All Out War)

Lyrically based on August Strindberg's "A Dream Play" HIGH STRANGE infuses their dark heaviness with a surrealistic edge. "Woe Upon Man" is a depraved cacophony of metal and noise primitivism, injecting blasts of fetid doom with mangled thrash. Massive slabs of rotted noise and low-end rumble into a seething mass of claustrophobic horror, creating a diverse and mind-blowing avant-heaviness.

Limited to 200 copies on black vinyl and 50 cassettes.

FFO: Bolt Thrower, Prurient, Full of Hell

Order @ https://chromepeelerrecords.bandcamp.com/album/woe-upon-man

Fuuuuuuuuck you.

• 1 month later...

New Khemmis album out on Nuclear Blast. A reddit user said they got word from 20 Buck Spin that they won't have a variant for this one 🥺😤

https://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/shop/item/groups/51000.1.html?article_group_sort_type_handle=rank&custom_keywords=khemmis deceiver

12 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

New Khemmis album out on Nuclear Blast. A reddit user said they got word from 20 Buck Spin that they won't have a variant for this one 🥺😤

https://shop.nuclearblast.com/en/shop/item/groups/51000.1.html?article_group_sort_type_handle=rank&custom_keywords=khemmis deceiver

Now that they are big timing it I dont know if 20BS will be connected anymore. 

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, completely forgot about this forum then remembered this ace thread. Only 5 pages of posts since I was last here years ago?

I think that Chrome Peeler guy goes around  every music message board on the internet flogging his stuff.

Recently splurged on the FLOOR 8xCD thing. It werent cheap for a stingy cunt like me. So good though. The latest TORCHE lp, aside from "Infierno", did nothing for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 5:21 PM, Santa Bateman said:

crazy to even type this but i sold all my records like a week ago. i just idk i lost touch with it. 

with that being said, anything good releasing soon

I hear you man, every once and awhile I get that thought in my head...probably the only thing that stopped me a couple times was laziness hahaha. Hope it was at least worth your time.

On 10/19/2021 at 2:21 PM, Santa Bateman said:

crazy to even type this but i sold all my records like a week ago. i just idk i lost touch with it. 

with that being said, anything good releasing soon

Haven't heard anything about anything new that I'm interested in unfortunately 😕
I've fallen off on my metal stuff overall, and I'm pretty much out of space to store records so I have to be super choosey about what I get lately.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...