Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

Hate to be that guy, but this thread needs a bump anyway.

Did anyone get the Wounded Giant die hard?

I thought it was supposed to be numbered, but I'm not seeing it. Am I wrong or blind.

Just obi here, mine is numbered on the obi strip of course.

edit: I also just added obi edition to discogs, so any that got it/use discogs can add it to their collection now. I hate adding stuff on there. I always feel like I'm going to fuck something up and get in trouble!

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

edit: I also just added obi edition to discogs, so any that got it/use discogs can add it to their collection now. I hate adding stuff on there. I always feel like I'm going to fuck something up and get in trouble!

haha yeah I haven't added many thing to Discogs but when I do there is about 30 edits before I give up and hope someone fixes my mess

13 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I also got an obi. so thanks for making a listing.

Been really busy and haven't had time to listen to my stack of newly received records building up. I started getting that "I don't want to miss out and regret it in the future" bullshit and started buying all sorts of stuff. Now, I'm broke and working on stuff to make me more money, which leaves me no time to even listen to my records. Derp!

7 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I also got an obi. so thanks for making a listing.

Been really busy and haven't had time to listen to my stack of newly received records building up. I started getting that "I don't want to miss out and regret it in the future" bullshit and started buying all sorts of stuff. Now, I'm broke and working on stuff to make me more money, which leaves me no time to even listen to my records. Derp!

I just haven't been in a real "record mood" lately, so I'm a bit behind myself. Just 4 albums to listen to though. Wounded Giant, finally picked up Om - Advaitic Songs, and some hippity-hop records

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I just haven't been in a real "record mood" lately, so I'm a bit behind myself. Just 4 albums to listen to though. Wounded Giant, finally picked up Om - Advaitic Songs, and some hippity-hop records

I probably have at least 10 waiting and more on the way, of course.

20 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I had three grab bags arrive in the past two weeks. Like 40 records to sift through. Gonna be a process!  

I also realized i really dont need records of some bands i have heard a bazillion times. For example i pulled the metallica stuff i have as i NEVER listen to it. 

I realized the other day, really the only time I listen to entire albums anymore is when I listen to a record. Otherwise my phone is always on shuffle.

21 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I realized the other day, really the only time I listen to entire albums anymore is when I listen to a record. Otherwise my phone is always on shuffle.

I would agree. I spotify alot when im at work for background noise and typically play some type of playlist they create. Mindless and allows me to find new stuff. 

I have been trying to burn through records while i play video games. Kill two birds

12 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I would agree. I spotify alot when im at work for background noise and typically play some type of playlist they create. Mindless and allows me to find new stuff. 

I have been trying to burn through records while i play video games. Kill two birds

I've been known to do the videogame spin too. Also while cooking dinner/cleaning

2 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I had three grab bags arrive in the past two weeks. Like 40 records to sift through. Gonna be a process!  

I also realized i really dont need records of some bands i have heard a bazillion times. For example i pulled the metallica stuff i have as i NEVER listen to it. 

I ended up selling the Met Club edition of their new record because I figured out that I really didn't like it at all. Bought myself two Agalloch records that I will listen to all the time(when I actually get time).

Right now I'm playing "Satan Worshiping Doom" by Bongripper while the kids are writing poems. Cruising straight towards summer.

The new Beastmaker and Ides of Gemini are up at Cash(Rise) Above. Good luck with their lame cart system. Every time I tried to add things it would double the numbers or remove things. It was good because I realized I don't need the cashhard versions and the expensive shipping. Amazon it is.

22 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I started getting that "I don't want to miss out and regret it in the future" bullshit and started buying all sorts of stuff. Now, I'm broke ...

This is me too, So I haven't been buying anything in a while, which has had a few painful moments, but I need to pay shit off.

Currently listening to Green Yeti, which I'm sure some of you dudes will like.

3 hours ago, Mars said:

This is me too, So I haven't been buying anything in a while, which has had a few painful moments, but I need to pay shit off.

Currently listening to Green Yeti, which I'm sure some of you dudes will like.

Green Yeti is a great band. I just wish they would release their music on vinyl so I can purchase it.

Hey guys and girls,

Long time lurker of this thread first time poster (at least I think). First of all love how civil, supportive and downright constructive this thread is.  Secondly I had my i-pod on shuffle this morning and was reminded of a band I think some of you may dig.  That band is Undersmile a four piece from Oxford in England and they play a mixture of Doom and Sludge I fell in love with back in 2012.

Sadly they're defunct having broken up a year or so ago but their final album is currently on sale through Black Bow Records (label for Conan) at only £11 (Not too shabby for a  2LP that clocks in at over 74 mins).

Stream:

https://undersmileuk.bandcamp.com/

Record:
http://blackbowrecords.bigcartel.com/product/bbow007-undersmile-anhedonia-double-lp

3 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Hey guys and girls,

Long time lurker of this thread first time poster (at least I think). First of all love how civil, supportive and downright constructive this thread is.  Secondly I had my i-pod on shuffle this morning and was reminded of a band I think some of you may dig.  That band is Undersmile a four piece from Oxford in England and they play a mixture of Doom and Sludge I fell in love with back in 2012.

Sadly they're defunct having broken up a year or so ago but their final album is currently on sale through Black Bow Records (label for Conan) at only £11 (Not too shabby for a  2LP that clocks in at over 74 mins).

Stream:

https://undersmileuk.bandcamp.com/

Record:
http://blackbowrecords.bigcartel.com/product/bbow007-undersmile-anhedonia-double-lp

It's not really clicking for me, but welcome to the doom thread!

New Geezer up for preorder at Kozmik Artifactz.  It cost me $31.93.

http://shop.bilocationrecords.com/navi.php?suchausdruck=geezer&JTLSHOP=bb322f1df2dfc401b72c87e7e9734952

EDIT: Just found out that STB Records will be releasing this in July. So if you live in the US, I would wait. I just wrote Kozmik Artifactz hoping they will allow me to cancel my order.

Edited by whoshotthefrog

2017-05-01_14.05.44_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1

Burning World Label & Mailorder:

"Mister Arik Roper left us some of the beautiful official album art prints for Sleep Dopesmoker and High On Fire Death Is His Communion after Roadburn Festival 2017.
We have limited quantities of both so be quick.

https://www.burningworldrecords.com/search?q=print
Beware: these items have to be shipped seperate from other (vinyl) orders as these will be shipped in tubes. The posters are 91.5 by 43.5 cm or as they say in the USA: 17" x 36", 100 lb gloss."

Also available from Outer Battery for $39.98

https://www.outerbatteryrecords.com/products/dopesmoker-official-album-cover-print