Jump to content
Twistedshabazz

Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

All that is heavy is doing a 35% off sale today only.

 

code:365Days

 

i am beginning to like the site less and less. The new owners are really focusing on the like 60s occult stoner rock stuff way too heavily. Some of it is good but most just all sound the same. 

Agreed. If anyone hasn't grabbed the new sleep single somewhere else that would be a cheap way to grab it though if it's still in stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know some people were looking for acid witch stuff a while back. Hells headbangers is doing a 5 for 50 on a bunch of their  releases. Midnight movies and stoned are a part of it as well as a bunch of death/doom stuff. 

 

https://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/5-HHR-LPs-for-50.asp?pgID=1&gnsPvar=&gnsPatt=&cID=886&gnsScat=&gnsBrnd=&gnsPrge=&gnsRev=&sortBy=&attL=&varL=&catL=&brandL=&priceL=&ratingL=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I know some people were looking for acid witch stuff a while back. Hells headbangers is doing a 5 for 50 on a bunch of their  releases. Midnight movies and stoned are a part of it as well as a bunch of death/doom stuff. 

 

https://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/5-HHR-LPs-for-50.asp?pgID=1&gnsPvar=&gnsPatt=&cID=886&gnsScat=&gnsBrnd=&gnsPrge=&gnsRev=&sortBy=&attL=&varL=&catL=&brandL=&priceL=&ratingL=

Lots of great titles there. Acid Witch, Portal, Midnight, HAMMR, and Horrific could easily get anyone to 5. I was just thinking about how I've been fairly good this month and now I'm back to "obsessive record buyer" status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw that Blood Music are releasing the new Megaton Leviathan, as soon as I realised they weren't another synthwave thing I checked them out and its some really chill hazy prog stoner stuff, loving this from their bandcamp on first listen:

https://megatonleviathan.bandcamp.com/album/repeating-patterns-of-love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

Saw that Blood Music are releasing the new Megaton Leviathan, as soon as I realised they weren't another synthwave thing I checked them out and its some really chill hazy prog stoner stuff, loving this from their bandcamp on first listen:

https://megatonleviathan.bandcamp.com/album/repeating-patterns-of-love

Interesting. I would say "indie stoner". Are there any tracks to stream from the new album?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:58 AM, lexicondevil said:

Interesting. I would say "indie stoner". Are there any tracks to stream from the new album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB9g37a7KlE - Jesu vibes all over this track, there are some teasers on youtube as well which sound a little heavier.

preorders are up on Blood Music there's an orange white swirly merge thing and 180g black

 

Edited by 2notepockets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has any money left over from giving to the Jerry Only and Glen senior charity fund, the limited to 100 on purple and 100 on blue editions of the Beastmaker demos are up. It's Ep 1 and 2, so it equals 8 songs on the album.

https://beastmaker.bandcamp.com/merch

 

 

 

Edited by lexicondevil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

If anyone has any money left over from giving to the Jerry Only and Glen senior charity fund, the limited to 100 on purple and 100 on blue editions of the Beastmaker demos are up. It's Ep 1 and 2, so it equals 8 songs on the album.

https://beastmaker.bandcamp.com/merch

Fuuuuuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

New doom from old friends, Druglord. Looks like us people in the U.S. might get the old overseas shipping charge.

https://thesludgelord.bandcamp.com/album/new-day-dying

 

 

I kept up with buying their stuff when they did things with STB, but I'll have to give this a solid listen before I commit. They've always been a "good not great" band for me and I should really start being more discerning with what I buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Metal Mike said:

.... and that sonny was where I was when the vinyl bubble burst.

 

NOW YOU GOT A DOLLAR OR NOT?

Ha! If only more people agreed, this would be the case :P

 

Also, it's been a while since I've seen it, but is this a Trading Places reference?

Edited by Ishtar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2018 at 9:42 PM, stranaspank said:

Ordered the new Acid Witch and Slasher Dave albums.  Should make for a fun Halloween!

I didnt know slasher dave existed until the other day and now its time to go back and grab all the others!

 

apparently they are all readily available which is cool. 

(Dont tell people that in the ETID thread... people get upset when you tell them they can buy a record for a reasonable price...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×