Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Maybe someone already posted and I missed it, but I just checked and that Church record is (seemingly randomly) up.

http://battlegroundrecords.bigcartel.com/product/church-unanswered-hymns-lp

Thanks for posting. For the past several weeks I've been checking the website several times a day waiting for the preorder. I forgot to check today and it goes up. Ordered!!

Inbought this because i really like geezer but that pricepoint is killer. Unless the next series has someone really awesome i will be passing. That is more expensive that stbs stuff...

price point is killing it for me these days.  i can't justify buying a 30 dollar record when i can put that money towards something a little more useful in my daily life. 

i understand that vinyl prices as a whole have gone up since i started collecting in 1998, but this genre seems so expensive compared to others.  sure alot of them are double lps, but it still seems the single lps are higher priced than say rock or hardcore records.  i could be way off on this though, because i have only bought 3 records in the past 6 months and don't have any real facts to back it up.  just memory.

You go to a hardcore show and 7 are still 5 bucks and LP 10-12. Its possible but you dont see it alot. Deathwish still does a pretty good job with it. Most of their stuff is in the 12-15 range for a single LP. Maybe labels are paying a premium to get their release pressed earlier and have to push that cost through to the consumer?

Paying $30 for a split is an "easy pass" for me, as the kids are saying. I have apparently chosen the wrong genre, as all of these stoner doom releases seem to be $20-$40. I just bought a hardcore record with colored vinyl and some crazy, fancy shmancy cover for only $16.35 SHIPPED!

Unless its purchased second hand, through a sale on a website, or its an stb release im not really buying it anymore. Very few release warrant $30+ price tags anymore. Especially when its a single LP. The imports are killer and hard to justify anymore. I fee this genre has zoomed up in costs in the past few years. Remember the releases being just as much as hardcore records not too long ago...

Also i am going to be putting a FS thread together soon (probably tonight) not really much stoner/doom stuff but trying to let some stuff go at more than reasonable prices to help pay for some expeneses involving a puppy my wife and i recently got. Those little guys are expensive.

I'm with all of you guys on this. I was extremely amped to see that Church album is $18 with shipping included in the price. These $25+ single LPs + shipping are driving me crazy.

Even STB is getting hard for me to justify buying, but I dig the bands and the label, so I keep supporting them.

Eventually there really has to come a tipping point, right?

Unless its purchased second hand, through a sale on a website, or its an stb release im not really buying it anymore. Very few release warrant $30+ price tags anymore. Especially when its a single LP. The imports are killer and hard to justify anymore. I fee this genre has zoomed up in costs in the past few years. Remember the releases being just as much as hardcore records not too long ago...

Also i am going to be putting a FS thread together soon (probably tonight) not really much stoner/doom stuff but trying to let some stuff go at more than reasonable prices to help pay for some expeneses involving a puppy my wife and i recently got. Those little guys are expensive.

just recently purchased Sepultura - Schizophrenia and Pantera - Cowboys from hell for 25 shipped from that go hastings thread.  pretty much the only way i will pick something up anymore. 

looking forward to Labor Day.  Holidays always bring out the discounts...haha