Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Regarding the Chrch record:

We heard from the pressing plant today about the CHRCH record and the delay is much longer than we originally thought. It looks like we won't be getting the record until late December at the earliest. We apologize for the delay, but the record is definitely in production and will be shipped the day after we get it. The delay we went through with the cease and desist order moved just moved the record farther back in the order of things than we thought. Thanks for being patient about this.

Fuuuuuuuuuck. :/

Did they get a cease and desist over the name church? Seems like a pretty common name and i am sure there are more out there than The Church from the 80s.

You'd think. According to the guy who commented on that post (whoever he is) it was The Church who stirred all of this up. Who knows, though.

is wizard eye all instrumental?

my signal gave out. i listened to the first track. me gusta

It's not. That first track is, though. I can't decide if I like the vocals...I don't hate them for sure, but I'm not 100% sold as an instabuy on their album either. The record looks great, and I listened to almost the whole thing tonight though...so I may end up with it.

I reeeeeally dig Hangman's Chair though. That price/shipping from Europe sure is a killer, otherwise I'd have jumped on that one in a second.

You guys may want to check out Mammoth Storm. Napalm Records has their album up for preorder. They kind of remind me of Conan. 

http://shop.napalmrecords.com/mammoth-storm-fornjot-purple-2-lp-gatefold.html

http://shop.napalmrecords.com/mammoth-storm-fornjot-lilac-2-lp-gatefold.html