Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

That fantastic news reminds me i ordered that live album a million years ago and its supposed to ship sooner rather than later...

Every now and then I mention the live record on their FB page and they do reply. I think I annoy them, but it does seem like a million years ago! Just by looking at the artwork, that new album is going to slay.

Every now and then I mention the live record on their FB page and they do reply. I think I annoy them, but it does seem like a million years ago! Just by looking at the artwork, that new album is going to slay.

According to their fb from last week they should be getting the vinyl on the 23rd of this month and will ship out when they get it. So yay!

It also reminds me i should buy a conan t shirt...

Head-honcho Jon is the weirdest when it comes to conversing with his audience. They have their merch up in the UK usually with two-week intervals. When you pre-order something, just when it arrives, another desirable thing goes up for sale. I've contacted him multiple times asking him to combine shipping on different pre-orders so as to save on shipping and dude gets back to me with the 'it's way too difficult for me to do'. Last time he promised to look into it actually so I could put in another thing but then the shirt I ordered shows up on my doorstep before he can get back to me.

By the looks of it their merch has to be one of the most sought-after and I understand that it might be tought to keep up with all the time but it just seems like common courtesy. I get the DIY and all that bust get someone else to do it for you if you can't handle the single requests. Most all bands that keep it that way are able to and I just don't understand the 'it's my merch and I'll do what I want to' disposition.

My concern stems mostly from the fact that Tony Roberts' artwork is just too ill not to buy and I find myself dishing out endless amounts for all their stuff. I hope you US dudes don't have to deal with that, with the Samothrace fellows doing the merch there. The music I still love but the communication could be improved upon.

Also, that new album title is very close to bordering on goofy. I'm sure the tunes are meaner than ever though and will hold up to it.

/Conan rant

Cool to see that Mammatus release finally. I was hoping for some more epic Roper artwork but hey, can't have it all.

Speaking of, not sure if they were there before but he has Dopesmoker prints up for sale.

http://www.arikroper.com/shop/

My concern stems mostly from the fact that Tony Roberts' artwork is just too ill not to buy and I find myself dishing out endless amounts for all their stuff. I hope you US dudes don't have to deal with that, with the Samothrace fellows doing the merch there. The music I still love but the communication could be improved upon.

Yeah, that art is sick. I also find it really hard not to buy more shirts. The US distribution is also a pain in the way that the merch is a pre-order, which is stupid. It takes a while and there is little communication, which is why I've only ordered from them twice. If turnaround time were quicker I would probably spend more.