Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Wow. After listening to some of the other stuff posted I apparently have no idea what doom or stoner rock is any more.

Nah, you're good ;)

I'm really digging Asteroid.

I think some people also aren't just limiting it to stoner/doom. I know there are a couple letters where I'm not going to.

this is gonna be good.  i'm ready for some new bands to check out.

also you dudes like thrash metal?  i pretty much grew up on thrash and am still fairly new to the doom/stoner genre.  when it comes to the doom genre i tend to like the stoner/sludge bands a little more.

might post some bands, but you guys got this shit on lock.

I'd go with Mass IIII just because of the first song, "Silver Needle, Golden Nail" but anything from Mass III onward is solid in my book.

Amenra is over all badass. And I lied, Mass IIII is my favorite. I always confuse the two if I don't have them in front of me. SILVER NEEDLE is so fucking gnarly. I actually got Act IIII on vinyl to for free from some idiot seller on Discogs.

Funny, this thread is my home, but today I was wondering about a thrash thread.

this is the best goddamn thread on these boards.

are there labels like STB and Riding Easy that pump out Thrash specifically???  i can google but too lazy.

also anyone going to buy the Crown of Thornz from the STB Hardcore? 

this is the best goddamn thread on these boards.

are there labels like STB and Riding Easy that pump out Thrash specifically???  i can google but too lazy.

also anyone going to buy the Crown of Thornz from the STB Hardcore? 

If there is...I'd bet Steve would know about it! Send him and email and let us know what he says! :) Dude's the raddest.

I'd be down to streamline this A-Z list and summarize all the recs. One summary post for every letter with all votes given. How do we want to go about this? One letter a week? Every monday is next letter day? Is that too much time? 

Also I'd argue for recommendations to hold artist and album, so in the end we have a solid lists of records to check out instead of just a big pile of artists with thousands of albums to seek through.

Some great stuff here. . . I can't really add anything new to the 'A' list - ATW, Acid King and Ancient Warlocks are tops for me and they have already been mentioned. 

Really digging that Asteroid too.

Since thrash was mentioned: back in the day I played the hell out of Anacrusis' Screams and Whispers.  Dudes are credited with being one of the first to combine thrash and progressive metal.

Also on the non-doom/stoner front Arcturus' The Sham Mirrors is amazing