Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Sorry to double post but just looking through what Heavy Ripples carries and if you dont own a copy of Wight 'through the woods...' I highly recommend it. Best $20 you'll spend today.

Thanks for the heads up on the Wight 2LP.  Read the references to Cactus and Colour Haze in the Obelisk review...listened and bought.

New Church of Misery and Dream Death are up on Rise Above Records

http://www.riseaboverecords.com/

I've been collecting die hards on CoM but probably gonna pass this time...

Rise above has such high carrying costs its hard for me to justify spending like 70 bucks for a die hard ( i am looking at you most recent uncle acid.) Though i do love some me some church of misery.

Rise above has such high carrying costs its hard for me to justify spending like 70 bucks for a die hard ( i am looking at you most recent uncle acid.) Though i do love some me some church of misery.

Yeah, I came close because I don't have any die hards from Rise Above, but it's sooooo hard to pull the trigger at those prices.

Please excuse my ignorance, as I suspect this has been covered somewhere in these 300+ pages.

I went to order the the new Mondo Drag. I have never purchased from Riding Easy before, but I have seen some unsavory notes about them posted here before. Is this because of the "table rate?" The $20 record would have cost me close to $50 with fees, shipping etc. They are in CA, as am I. Why do they do this? Am I missing something? 

Apparently, I needed to create an account first. The shipping changed to normal once I created a password, etc. Sorry for my idiocy.

Please excuse my ignorance, as I suspect this has been covered somewhere in these 300+ pages.

I went to order the the new Mondo Drag. I have never purchased from Riding Easy before, but I have seen some unsavory notes about them posted here before. Is this because of the "table rate?" The $20 record would have cost me close to $50 with fees, shipping etc. They are in CA, as am I. Why do they do this? Am I missing something?

Whoa, what? Did you maybe accidentally order a diehard edition or something?

Apparently, I needed to create an account first. The shipping changed to normal once I created a password, etc. Sorry for my idiocy.

I don't know what a "table rate" is, but I have never been charged an extra $30 for shipping and I am in CA. What other "fees" are you talking about?