Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

One poster that was unique to tour. 6 shirts (5 full weed related) and one tour exclusive patch. Went to grab the patch after windhands set for metal mike and already sold out which is impressive as its day 2. As i walked out their merch was practically wiped out. 

Jesus one hell of a show though. Punishingly loud and they just tore it up for like an hour 45 minutes. Seeing matt pike just take guitar duties and not sing freed him up to just unleash. 

7 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

One poster that was unique to tour. 6 shirts (5 full weed related) and one tour exclusive patch. Went to grab the patch after windhands set for metal mike and already sold out which is impressive as its day 2. As i walked out their merch was practically wiped out. 

Jesus one hell of a show though. Punishingly loud and they just tore it up for like an hour 45 minutes. Seeing matt pike just take guitar duties and not sing freed him up to just unleash. 

The patches are one per person - I'd assume there's a limit to how many they sell per night.

PALLBEARER
(U.S. tour with Baroness)
08/11 – Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter**
08/12 – Washington, DC @ The Howard Theater
08/13 – Northampton, MA @ Pearl Street Ballroom
08/14 – New York, NY @ Webster Hall
08/15 – Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Necktie**
08/16 – Providence, RI @ Fete Ballroom
08/17 – Buffalo, NY @ Waiting Room
08/19 – Cleveland, OH @ House Of Blues
08/20 – Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews
08/21 – Chicago, IL @ The Metro
08/23 – Minneapolis, MN @ The Varsity Theater
08/24 – Lawrence, KS @ The Granada Theater
08/25 – Denver, CO @ Larimer Lounge**
08/26 – Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
08/27 – Pheonix, AZ @ Club Crescent
08/29 – San Francisco, CA @ Bottom Of The Hill**
08/30 – San Diego, CA @ The Observatory Northpark
08/31 – Tucson, AZ @ The Rock
09/02 – Dallas, TZ @ Granada Theater
09/03 – Memphis, TN @ New Daisy Theatre
09/04 – Baton Rouge, LA @ The Varsity Theater
09/06 – Orlando, FL @ The Beachum Theater
09/07 – St. Petersburg, FL @ State Theater
09/09 – Charleston, SC @ The Music Farm
09/10 – Asheville, NC @ The Mothlight**
**Pallbearer Only

On June 3, 2016 at 8:49 AM, JoshuaNilk said:

Just interested, what number do your collections reach for you to play with such ideas? Asking because I'll be soon at 300 for 12" and been having those very same thoughts of purging lately.

Sometimes I truly go nuts with vinyl and it hasn't really calmed down as of late. Of course, artists I love constantly keep releasing new music so it's easy to justify spending most money on vinyl (for the love of music, support etc.) but the question that still arises from time to time - do I really need it or is it just the collectionist impulse? I just don't want to see myself ending up with a room full of LPs and not much other experience in life. Gotta keep it even somehow just difficult to find that balance.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Sorry, wouldn't let me post without that quote above...

wish baroness would come come to Portland soon. I remember I was supposed to see them and Mastodon when Mastodon was touring Crack the Skye, but baroness had to drop off our date. I was more excited about pallbearer, though I've heard they're not great live.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Sorry, wouldn't let me post without that quote above...

wish baroness would come come to Portland soon. I remember I was supposed to see them and Mastodon when Mastodon was touring Crack the Skye, but baroness had to drop off our date. I was more excited about pallbearer, though I've heard they're not great live.

I think that was the tour I saw. I didn't even know who Baroness was and was iffy because of their name. They blew me away at that show. I think that was the same tour with Between the Buried and Me. I thought they were a fucking joke. I seriously thought they were trying to be funny.

Just now, lexicondevil said:

I think that was the tour I saw. I didn't even know who Baroness was and was iffy because of their name. They blew me away at that show. I think that was the same tour with Between the Buried and Me. I thought they were a fucking joke. I seriously thought they were trying to be funny.

Hahaha! Yeah, I don't the BTBAM was on our bill, it was a local band who ended up opening for Mastodon in the end. I was super bummed because I think Blue had just come out around that time and I was in love with it.

Ive said it before but baroness needs to really revamp their setlists on tour. The one that came through a few months ago was like 80% purple and a few yellow/green. 

I have seen them probably 7 or 8 times now (from right after first coming out to the tour after yellow/green). And i will always check setlists before i go. If i went to that last show i would have been legitimately pissed. 

anyone asking for Sleep mission patch's - they only let you buy one per. my buddy tried to get two and even tried have someone else buy and it got called out really quick.

i am hoping they have a psycho mission patch thou.

saw the sleep/windhand shows in pittsburgh and brooklyn marking the 10th time ive seen sleep officially. 

did anyone see that some dude dressed as a weedian at the philly show?

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/yes/someone-dressed-up-as-a-weedian-at-a-sleep-show

11 hours ago, buffalo716tapes said:

i have a plus one for psycho ( as in she isn't buying any merch) so if anyone wants anything i can get 1 extra of any lmtd thing from psycho possibly more if more folks in my crew are not getting much!

If you could hook me up with a mission patch I would be enternaly grateful!

Edited by spudboy