Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

55 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

When I saw them, they had the tour version of the LP for $25 I think. 

And they'll happily sign it if that's your jam.

Whuwhut? Tour version? I already have the diehard and the Euro red version, so I don't need another copy, but I do want to know the details about this tour version.

5 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Nice! Did Beastmaker have records at a reasonable price?

I didn't look too close, but I think they had two different records. They didn't have any shirts bigger than a size small, so unless you're super thin, they won't have a shirt that fits you. 

CHRCH record reissued. This time on black and olive swirl, just as I hoped for, yay. 500 pressed this time around, get on it.

http://battlegroundrecords.bigcartel.com/product/church-unanswered-hymns-lp

Also have to gloat a bit - happened to ask about a possible EU distro on Battleground's site and suggested Totem Cat as a possible candidate. They got into contact after that and it's happening for sure. Very stoked to have played a tiny part in making this happen. Even more stoked that I'll finally be spinning that superb record soon enough, without the necessity of paying US postage and long-distance. The age of the internet can be surprising sometimes.

Edited by JoshuaNilk

spin076_KhemmisHIRES_RGB1000_26015f01-ff

The new Khemmis LP 'Hunted' is available on several color variants as follows:

150 X 4 color White / Electric Blue combo w/ Silver & Black Splatter (20BS exclusive w/ very small amount via Van Records at release date)
150 X 2 color Sea Blue / Ultra Clear combo (20BS exclusive w/ very small amount via Iron Bonehead at release date)
150 X Aqua Blue (Available to US stores through Revolver USA, no mailorder)
150 X Silver (Available to European stores through Soulfood Music, no mailorder)
Unlimited Black Vinyl

The LP jacket has a silver foil stamp logo and title on the cover. It also comes with an 8 page 8 inch square full color booklet.

Vinyl specific master by Dave Otero.

https://www.20buckspin.com/collections/hunted/products/khemmis-hunted-lp-b-pre-order-b

http://listen.20buckspin.com/album/hunted-2

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Phantom double post ::sigh::

New Merlin full length coming soon. I seem to remember not too many of you were super into them, but I like em.

I liked that merlin record, then forgot to buy it. Now its sold out from poisoned mind. Im sure ill find it eventually. 

Not stoner/doom related but friday im going to see weird al then catching a late show with ghost bath. Looking forward to that stark contrast...

1 minute ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I liked that merlin record, then forgot to buy it. Now its sold out from poisoned mind. Im sure ill find it eventually. 

Not stoner/doom related but friday im going to see weird al then catching a late show with ghost bath. Looking forward to that stark contrast...

That sounds awesome! I'd really love to see Weird Al.

I guess I was wrong, it's not new, it's Electric Children (which has been out for a while) but finally on vinyl. I'm pretty excited. Solid album.

Surprised to see how much Christ Killer goes for. Still waiting for a new Crypt Trip release!

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Anyone who's been to Sabbath lately remember if they went if they hit the stage on time and what time? Seeing them tonight and don't want to miss them, but also want to spend some tailgate time with some beers.

In Tacoma they were pretty on time. I skipped the opening band though. (Rival Sons...I think they're awful)

21 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

In Tacoma they were pretty on time. I skipped the opening band though. (Rival Sons...I think they're awful)

We hung out in the parking lot and drank bourbon while Rival Sons were on. Sabbath was pretty incredible. Ozzy sounded like he stepped out of a time machine from the 70's. All of the merch had a cheap bootleg look, but I drunkenly bought a hoodie and then an actual bootleg shirt in the parking lot for $3.50 since the guy was in a rush and put a large on my shoulder and then handed my wife another shirt and took off.  The posters at this show were boring and generic. Kinda bummed and glad. I don't really need another print. Called in for a sub today, as we are off to see Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings tonight. I'm tired.

32 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

We hung out in the parking lot and drank bourbon while Rival Sons were on. Sabbath was pretty incredible. Ozzy sounded like he stepped out of a time machine from the 70's. All of the merch had a cheap bootleg look, but I drunkenly bought a hoodie and then an actual bootleg shirt in the parking lot for $3.50 since the guy was in a rush and put a large on my shoulder and then handed my wife another shirt and took off.  The posters at this show were boring and generic. Kinda bummed and glad. I don't really need another print. Called in for a sub today, as we are off to see Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings tonight. I'm tired.

Nice! Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised with how great Ozzy sounded. You hit the nail on the head with the time machine thing.

21 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Wizard text worthy! Missed the clear w/ splatter, but grabbed a red. Thanks homie! :)

I know, I probably should have sent out the text, but it was late, I was drunk, and I already turned off my phone. It was only by chance that I had my computer on and saw the post on FB.