Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

It says, "shipping on or around October 28th."

I wish I liked it. Kinda cool that it seems like it's under the radar?

That's odd...I could have sworn that last night or this morning it said mid December. 

I only noticed because I thought that to be unusual for STB.

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I don't remember seeing much chatter about the new(est) Slomatics release in here. Listening to it right now and it's pretty good. Wish it would have a US release... I can't see dropping $33 for a single LP right now.

Yeah, I think the new Slomatics is excellent and I splurged for the vinyl.  I'll make sure to give a shout out if I see Outer Battery or some other US store selling it.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I don't remember seeing much chatter about the new(est) Slomatics release in here. Listening to it right now and it's pretty good. Wish it would have a US release... I can't see dropping $33 for a single LP right now.

I've been listening to it endlessly since I received my copy in September. Definitely one of my favorite releases this year.

On 10/22/2016 at 4:39 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Really enjoyed that Slomatics earlier like it seems everyone else did :)

Got Khemmis in the mail today, so I'm listening to that now. So gooooooood. The pins are rad and already on my jacket now too!

I want the new Slomatics, but I don't feel like dealing with Euro shipping. I don't know why they didn't do some sort of U.S. pressing with Outer Battery? 

So ridiculous that I was low on cash when that Khemmis dropped. Metal Mike kindly offered to hook me up, but I decided to wait until I got paid and it sold out. I will just be patient and wait for the inevitable second colored pressing. If anyone gets an extra DL, please PM me.

Really digging that Black Tomb band. I wish it was more clear about what is going on with the vinyl version. They are supposed to get more of the cassettes in their store in the weeks to come, so keep checking if you're into tapes.

3 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I want the new Slomatics, but I don't feel like dealing with Euro shipping. I don't know why they didn't do some sort of U.S. pressing with Outer Battery? 

So ridiculous that I was low on cash when that Khemmis dropped. Metal Mike kindly offered to hook me up, but I decided to wait until I got paid and it sold out. I will just be patient and wait for the inevitable second colored pressing. If anyone gets an extra DL, please PM me.

Really digging that Black Tomb band. I wish it was more clear about what is going on with the vinyl version. They are supposed to get more of the cassettes in their store in the weeks to come, so keep checking if you're into tapes.

When I get home I'll try to remember to pm you a link to a download site I really like. They've got it available. 

11Paranoias have a new LP available to order.

Very stoked to finally get what all this Thou praise is all about. So much of their back catalogue to get into. Hearing a lot of Indian. Managed to buy 'The Archer And The Owle' for a tenner along with a Usnea 2LP, for 10 bucks each through Kozmik Artifactz. Added the Throneless LP in just for fun as well.

Yay for cheap doom.

In other news - finally managed to witnes Conan as they came through for a live recently but for some reason it just didn't do that much for me. I fear I might be getting over all the monotonous, monolithic, cab worshipping doom thing. Just not doing enough musically to be intriguing anymore. Which begs the question, why Throneless but hey, who knows?

Edited by JoshuaNilk

11 hours ago, elsanto said:

Spinning the new Domkraft that arrived today...so Conan-like so good.

Mine came yesterday too. The album cover was all busted up. I guess the USPS decided to put something heavy on top of it. Guess they have a bunch of Stephen Hawking disciples in the Albany location. I wrote them to see if I could get a replacement cover, but no response yet.

However, I got the Suma album in the other day and there really isn't anything else I would rather listen to.

Merlin - Electric Children 11/5 3pm est.

also, I finally grabbed a UK No Prayer for the Dying today off discogs. Gotta get a copy of Brave New World for Black Friday, then wait for reissues of the remaining Maiden albums! :) (can't get myself to pay the prices I've seen for FotD...refuse to get pic discs)