Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I also do love this thread. Makes me feel like I belong :wub:   Although I'm still the odd Euro one out, which is awfully strange. I'm sure we all love as much of doom and stoner in our respective parts of the world.

Should be 11AM EST on Monday according to a post Relapse made.

Damn, was expecting this to be early. But I reckon that's the pre-order right, so it would amount to a january shipping date anyway?

Part of me hates Relapse with a passion as it completely baffles me how they haven't managed to offer reasonably priced international shipping. All the cool bands are on their roster though so I'm doomed to go for broke.

I guess they must have some extremely tight packaging as usually it'd cost 20$ just to get my most sough-after version to this side of the ocean (which will most likely be the super-duper super-mailorder super-limited super-expensive variant, considering it's Torche). I'm still cursing myself for not jumping on Yob's Clearing on gold wax with the slipmat. Probably managed to snag about two more records for what I would've paid for that cart though so it's a double edged sword.

Al Cisneros (SLEEP) – Lantern of the Soul (clear) (7")

Brand new Al Cisneros solo 7" on clear vinyl. Real drums this time and a keyboard theme that sounds like it's from a movie soundtrack about a dystopian future. In other words, this is about right now!

Current stock: 14

http://southernlord.com/store/view/lantern-of-the-soul-clear

With cheap shipping this came out to less than $10. I feel like it is worth it...

Also, save a dollar here...buy another record there. The shipping might cost more through bluecollar though, not sure.

http://om.merchtable.com/music/al-cisneros-lantern-of-the-soul-vinyl-7

Oh, also. Fogg's Death is finally available on vinyl. 35 of red/black Death variant already sold out but 69 Fogg variant on clear/black still available. Black will be around for some time.

Definitely some of the best proto-metal around. If you dig Fuzz or The Well, you will undoubtedly dig this. Very much Sabbath, as well (no surprise there).

http://playpinballrecords.bigcartel.com/product/fogg-death-lp

https://fogg.bandcamp.com/album/death

Got my Vol 1 today. I don't think it's nearly as low quality as the previous post made it seem.

My sleeve is definitely average, not super thin or anything. Same with the vinyl. It came in a clear inner sleeve and download code. And it's abot standard weight. Probably 140-150g if I had to guess. Definitely thicker than my OG dopesmoker.

I'm 100% satisfied! I think you guys will be too

Got my Vol 1 today. I don't think it's nearly as low quality as the previous post made it seem.

My sleeve is definitely average, not super thin or anything. Same with the vinyl. It came in a clear inner sleeve and download code. And it's abot standard weight. Probably 140-150g if I had to guess. Definitely thicker than my OG dopesmoker.

I need to get off my ass and grab this...

Good to hear it's a quality release. I think I'd fall victim to comparing the original pressing if I had both, myself. Difficult to stop the rational brain from doing that. Also, sometimes stuff just comes out better the first time around (am not asserting this saying this to be the case with Vol 1, but I think I'd prefer a matte over a gloss sleeve on this one, as well)

I realized that with the need to still buy presents I've pretty much blown this month's budget already in advance. All them vinyl-s finally caught up on me. Went to a bazaar thing today to support the lady selling some of her old clothes and snagged two LP's of a local shoegaze band that amounted to about 30$. Would've been about 50$ at a retail store so it makes complete sense in my mind but god damn. Seriously, I need to stop myself.

There was also a copy of H.P. Lovecraft's II, which is such a sick album. Love those proggy tunes, but in no way could spare the extra tenner for that.

Noice!

I need to get off my ass and grab this...

Uh...no doy, dude.

Oh, also. Fogg's Death is finally available on vinyl. 35 of red/black Death variant already sold out but 69 Fogg variant on clear/black still available. Black will be around for some time.

Definitely some of the best proto-metal around. If you dig Fuzz or The Well, you will undoubtedly dig this. Very much Sabbath, as well (no surprise there).

http://playpinballrecords.bigcartel.com/product/fogg-death-lp

https://fogg.bandcamp.com/album/death

This rules!  And for $20 shipped, I'm sold.

i definitely prefer a matte sleeve, it keeps the fingerprints away. but the gloss sleeve definitely doesnt take anything away from this release IMO

Yeah, same. If a gloss sleeve is the biggest thing to complain about on this, I'll be a super happy camper, though. :)