Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

get off your arse

Ha, touche !

This rules!  And for $20 shipped, I'm sold.

Awesome. Glad someone else picked this up.

Also, this might be worthy of a listen. I'm finding their approach to be very compelling. Elements of funeral doom, death metal and prog as well, stuff you perhaps think wouldn't mix but it more than holds your attention. Might be one of the more ambitious albums I've heard lately.

https://camelofdoom.bandcamp.com/album/psychodramas-breaking-the-knots-of-twisted-synapse

Oh, also. Fogg's Death is finally available on vinyl. 35 of red/black Death variant already sold out but 69 Fogg variant on clear/black still available. Black will be around for some time.

Definitely some of the best proto-metal around. If you dig Fuzz or The Well, you will undoubtedly dig this. Very much Sabbath, as well (no surprise there).

http://playpinballrecords.bigcartel.com/product/fogg-death-lp

https://fogg.bandcamp.com/album/death

Yeah i was jamming this while getting ready this morning. Will probably grab it because i have no self control

and you're...................glad ?

Yeah i was jamming this while getting ready this morning. Will probably grab it because i have no self control

That is EXACTLY what I did. I mean, especially the last part.

Perhaps doesn't quite fit under the category of the thread's title but I mentioned this earlier soooo.....all you big Elder fans might want to jump on this when Totem Cat puts these up in the beginning of next week. Not sure about whether they'll be spread around in the US by someone as well as EU shipping is deemed to put you 'muricans back some.

10850044_581544428613662_797872808244729

Got my Vol 1 today. I don't think it's nearly as low quality as the previous post made it seem

Compared to the original the cover does seem very flimsy and thin.  I was more comparing the two.  I was also half drunk and bitter my cover was bent when I got it.

When I originally opened it, the vinyl seemed thin, but looking at it again you are right, its pretty standard

comearly.JPG

Church of Misery 'Early Works Compilation' 3-LP Vinyl

$31.99

LP: Church Of Misery - Early Works Compilation (Two hours of songs & improvisation recorded in Tokyo 1997-2000) ( US Pressing, Emetic Records EME042.1 ), Tri-gatefold cover, 3 LP set.

http://www.patacrecords.com/distro/Church-of-Misery-Early-Works-Compilation-3-LP-Vinyl

Got Dopesmoker and Leprosy in the mail from Best Buy.  Pleasantly surprised to see that it was packaged in one of those "frustration free" mailers.  I was expecting such a company to ship in a giant box full of peanuts.  Leprosy on black and Dopesmoker on green/black splatter.  Also got some fantastic beers and screenprints at a Screens and Suds event, so I'm having a damn great rainy Saturday!

Yeah...it's definitely odd that your Let Us Prey is purple...I don't think it was listed as a variant option for that one. You get a We Live too? Or just LUP

For what ever reason Let Us Prey got a bumped up shipping date for me. We Live is still delivering on Tuesday. Purple is listed on discogs /500 for Let Us Prey, same for We Live. If I get another purple We Live that would be kind of neat.

Long time lurker on this site and just discovered this thread.

Just signed up to thank you guys for all the awesome recommendations on stuff that zooms under my radar.... the Fogg listed above is fantastic... missed on the Goya 777, but downloaded it none the less.

Hopefully ill be able to contribute to what you cats have workin' here.

Just signed up to thank you guys for all the awesome recommendations on stuff that zooms under my radar.... the Fogg listed above is fantastic... missed on the Goya 777, but downloaded it none the less.

Blood initiations are on Tuesday. Have all membership dues in the form of money, pizza, or cats, in the mail by Monday. Get yourself a profile pic. Strong examples; sword, cats, cats with swords, or VW Beetles on fire. In all seriousness, welcome to the party.

Welcome to a world of endless spending.

Just curious, what lead you to that conclusion?

In other Black Friday news, Ruby The Hatchet is shipping their good everywhere for free.

https://thehatchet.bandcamp.com/merch

My Ruby The Hatchet 7" arrived today.  It was in a manila envelope with 2 posters.  And the disc and jacket was wrapped in yarn and green frabric in a bubble wrap type way.  It was so cool.

IMG_20141206_152832193_zps40f641d2.jpg

not up to speed on proper way to ship kittens so you will be receiving cash...thanks for the welcome

Blood initiations are on Tuesday. Have all membership dues in the form of money, pizza, or cats, in the mail by Monday. Get yourself a profile pic. Strong examples; sword, cats, cats with swords, or VW Beetles on fire. In all seriousness, welcome to the party.