Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone is a fan of Sea of Bones but if you are Gilead Media put their album The Earth Wants Us Dead up for preorder. One of my favorite releases of 2013 and one of the heaviest doom albums I've heard in a really long time. I would put it in the same category as Buried at Sea - Migration.

http://www.gileadmedia.net/releasedirectory/relic61-sea-of-bones-the-earth-wants-us-dead/

http://seaofbones.bandcamp.com/

After looking through gileads distro anyone should pick up those Body records that are up there. Good price and you wont regret it. Forgot them and thou were touring together and playing in my town in a few weeks. WIN. Especially since the body had to cancel last month due to vehicle troubles.

Put off buying those Summoner records for a while and lo-and-behold, there was 1 copy of the triple crush blue/bone/orange Atlantian put back up on their site today! I was suuuuper bummed that it was sold out before because it looked so cool, so I immediately snagged it and a mustard/oxblood copy of Phoenix! Hooraaaaaay!

Edit: Damn, should have ordered one of those Akuma records too. Those guys are goooood.

Also, a big heads up to you guys. Emailed Rise Above records yesterday about getting Electric Wizard - We Live and Let Us Prey reissued on vinyl. The response I got is that it should be happening this year! So get stoked/don't pay too much for either of those if you were thinking about it.

Spotify has sent me down a stoner metal rabbit hole with stuff i wasnt to familiar with.

Just finished listening to diesto: high as the sun. Its like melvins meets kyuss meets desert stoner rock/metal. Some jammers.

Now listening to salems pot. Their most recent release has a somewhat nsfw cover ive been trying to not flash while im doing work. Good stuff thus far

stb has some awesome stuff but it is all sold out!

riding easy has some release i am going to jump on next pay for sure. they are all reasonably priced. 

on an unrelated note, i hate when you are listening to something in this genre area and musically it is awesome then the vocals kick in and they just arent good.  im sure some people like them but it just ruins it. 

stb has some awesome stuff but it is all sold out!

riding easy has some release i am going to jump on next pay for sure. they are all reasonably priced. 

on an unrelated note, i hate when you are listening to something in this genre area and musically it is awesome then the vocals kick in and they just arent good.  im sure some people like them but it just ruins it. 

Yeah, STB stuff goes real quick.  But it's all pretty rad.  Still mad I missed out on that Spelljammer album.  The die hard of the Ancient Warlocks album came with an actual warlock robe.  I've been meaning to take pictures.  Riding Easy is my current favorite label.  All quality, all great releases.  

Has anyone posted Druid Lord yet?  If you're not sold on name alone, it's gravel-voiced stoner sludge about old horror movies.  Think Acid Witch.  I finally bought their full length off their label in Germany.

http://druidlord.bandcamp.com/album/hymns-for-the-wicked-reissue

Yeah, STB stuff goes real quick.  But it's all pretty rad.  Still mad I missed out on that Spelljammer album.  The die hard of the Ancient Warlocks album came with an actual warlock robe.  I've been meaning to take pictures.  Riding Easy is my current favorite label.  All quality, all great releases.  

Has anyone posted Druid Lord yet?  If you're not sold on name alone, it's gravel-voiced stoner sludge about old horror movies.  Think Acid Witch.  I finally bought their full length off their label in Germany.

http://druidlord.bandcamp.com/album/hymns-for-the-wicked-reissue

Fuck. Knew I should have gotten that Ancient Warlocks album the other day :( sold outtttt. Unless someone knows when that Curse the Son record drops, there are 5 that they're putting back up when that happens.