[PO] Caspian // Hymn For The Greatest Generation

Isn't there any quality control person at these pressing plants? I would think that someone would stop the presses and check to see if it looked anywhere near the mock up. Of course, it will not affect play, but if I were the artist I would be a little pissed that I didn't get what I ordered, as it would reflect on the vision I had for my art. Brown it is.

Isn't there any quality control person at these pressing plants? I would think that someone would stop the presses and check to see if it looked anywhere near the mock up. Of course, it will not affect play, but if I were the artist I would be a little pissed that I didn't get what I ordered, as it would reflect on the vision I had for my art. Brown it is.

Labels make the mockups, not the plants.

Plus, when you order the records from the pressing plant, anything that isn't a standard solid color comes with a giant disclaimer about not being able to do exact color matches, etc.

It's a bit of a gamble to break out of the norm. Sometimes you get something way cooler than you pictured and sometimes you get poop brown.

I guess I don't understand why artists/labels would accept that? I understand that it possibly wouldn't be exactly like the plant's mock-up, but if for some insane reason I ordered a blue and white tie-dyed shirt from a company and they sent me a solid blue shirt, that just wouldn't be cool(except for the fact that tie-dye is stupid and I would be better off with a solid blue shirt, but you get the idea).

I've never had records pressed and maybe the whole rolling the dice thing is just swallowed, but doesn't it cost more to have these fancy multicolor jobs? Some of these color combinations can sometimes look better than the jacket art.