[PO] Caspian // Hymn For The Greatest Generation

listened to this on my morning commute this morning... blown away

i love "hymn" and "the heart that fed" is amazing as well. i'm typically not a big fan of remixes but the two here are great.

also, i figured out what "CMF" is--initials. christopher michael friedrich. damn the feels... :(

anyone going to see them in chicago this weekend?

I am here and was thinking about going..

I'll be going! This show will be f'n awesome and I love the Beat Kitchen

How was that show? I was skeptical of how they wuld sound at Beat Kitchen, because SubT had their sound captured perfectly.

I had tickets but took a trip to Colorado instead. But I just learned they're playing tonight in Denver ahhhhhh I need to find a way to make this work. Thanks for the reminders everyone :rolleyes:

How was that show? I was skeptical of how they wuld sound at Beat Kitchen, because SubT had their sound captured perfectly.

I had tickets but took a trip to Colorado instead. But I just learned they're playing tonight in Denver ahhhhhh I need to find a way to make this work. Thanks for the reminders everyone :rolleyes:

ended up not going.

but saw Owen and Pet Symmetry there a few months back.

pretty cool place.

going to see Caspian in NY in a few weeks.

Have ordered this from Amazon.ca as it works out around £11 to the UK. Amazon UK haven't got the pre-order available yet so not sure what they'll be charging.

Ordered after listening to the EP on Spotify this morning. God damn, it's beautiful. Spotify link for handiness should anyone want it: Caspian – Hymn For the Greatest Generation

ended up not going.

but saw Owen and Pet Symmetry there a few months back.

pretty cool place.

going to see Caspian in NY in a few weeks.

The show was badass and they sounded great as always.  In my opinion, Beat Kitchen is a great venue compared to other ones in Chicago (ie Metro/House of Blues/Congress)

• 2 weeks later...

more of a comment than anything, but those laser etched wood YATC/four trees tests are phenomenally epic. it hit me really hard to see the signed card on the back with chris' signature included. definitely my most prized vinyl-related item and such a great tribute to the band. would actually like to hear what they thought about how that all turned out.

more of a comment than anything, but those laser etched wood YATC/four trees tests are phenomenally epic. it hit me really hard to see the signed card on the back with chris' signature included. definitely my most prized vinyl-related item and such a great tribute to the band. would actually like to hear what they thought about how that all turned out.

that'd be really cool to ask. will add to my list!!

Showed them my Tertia Test Press and it seemed it was the first time they've ever seen this...

Phil asked me if I'd seen the YATC/FT Test presses (I did on TMS board)! He talked at least a minute about how cool these turned out! :)

BTW, if anybody is interested in the EURO PRESS (MMD) of HYMN FOR THE GREATEST GENERATION [/500, White], contact me...I still have one left!

• 2 weeks later...