Secret Audio Club - Wax Packs Series 1

chaps

I know, trust me I've been trying to figure out how to make that work. If anyone has any ideas send me an email [email protected]!!

A small approx 8" 2 ring binder big enough to hold 10 records in clear sleeves (not Glassjaw plastic though!). The cover should be printed with the regular record cover that they all have in black and white.

A second binder with the cover in color for people who get all 10 in color.

That's a lot to produce though. The cost would most likely blow.

if I bought another box would I be able to get one of each of the ten series one releases? I already bought one box and I would like to have the whole first series

It's possible, but not likely.  The whole thing is encouraging trading like you would do with baseball cards.

Dan is correct, but there are other people who would be in the Same boat as you and willing to trade. There are opportunities for entrepreneurship here though. Alan at different kitchen is picking up a few cases and organizing a swap program!

A small approx 8" 2 ring binder big enough to hold 10 records in clear sleeves (not Glassjaw plastic though!). The cover should be printed with the regular record cover that they all have in black and white.

A second binder with the cover in color for people who get all 10 in color.

That's a lot to produce though. The cost would most likely blow.

I actually may have figured this out. I've had a good number of people ask bout binders,

How many people would purchase a binder? I found someone in the uk who manufactured new 7" binders. I've contacted them for bulk pricing and can look into screen printing them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261297650031

This would make me more likely to try to collect them all rather than just the two or three I really want.

i would be down for that.

This would make me more likely to try to collect them all rather than just the two or three I really want.

I've contacted the eBay selling to ask about buying 25 or so. I would screen print the fronts with the wax packs artwork and hand number them on the inside. 

I'll keep you guys posted. . . 

Also - we have a number of fun things we will be revealing over the next two months that are apart of the set. The first, we made 3 limited edition booklet trading cards. These are of Austin Lucas / John Moreland. The cards of two used picks (like a game used jersey) and will also be autograph. These will be randomly inserted into 3 lucky boxes. 

10345215774_d08501aba3_o.jpg

More images here 

I just want the Austin Lucas 7". How do I get it without having to buy ten different records?

You can trade for one or maybe hold out and see if anyone gets and extra and has one for sale. If you buy a box and don't get one, I'd be haapy to try and work out a trade to try and complete my collection as well. 

Thanks. No way I'm going to drop $28 for a 50% chance at picking it up. This is a pretty fucking dumb method of sales, and I seriously hope it doesn't catch on.

I get the idea behind it, but I can understand the dislike. My opinion also stems from not caring what I get.

Honestly I don't know what to think about this.  In reality yes it's cool, and it would be a great way to get me into some bands I don't know.  Going through the list of bands I know 5 of them so 15 bands are complete unknowns to me.  I also did grow up opening packs of Football and Baseball cards and still every year end up buy a pack or two of cards to recreate that fun. 

Will vinyl records be able to reproduce some of that fun?  Probably not, but I'll still most likely end up picking up a box.

Thanks. No way I'm going to drop $28 for a 50% chance at picking it up. This is a pretty fucking dumb method of sales, and I seriously hope it doesn't catch on.

I agree. It's pretty much guaranteeing people get doubles and have to spend extra money to get the records they want (either by shipping to trade or buying from someone else). I find it ridiculous that there's no convenient way to get the whole set without getting doubles.

I think this is heavily weighted on cities having small groups of collectors within a certain distance in order to trade in person/at a shop.

We would almost benefit from doing a group buy for VC and having one person open a case and list everything for people to buy at cost+shipping.  Or pick them like a draft.