Secret Audio Club - Wax Packs Series 1

chaps

That's a nice rundown and very complimentary, too.  I thought they had some cool ideas for chases, like the custom 45 adapter.  I've received one box already, most likely will order a second very soon.  Awesome product!

Thanks buddy - They are great guys and I did a ton of research / listening to their show and learning about the current trading card market in making wax packs happen. Really hoping to make series 2 happen at some point! 

Thanks buddy - They are great guys and I did a ton of research / listening to their show and learning about the current trading card market in making wax packs happen. Really hoping to make series 2 happen at some point! 

You're welcome!  How long did series 1 take to put into production?  Did the artists volunteer, or were these particular choices you were hoping to include from the start?

You're welcome!  How long did series 1 take to put into production?  Did the artists volunteer, or were these particular choices you were hoping to include from the start?

Series 1 took a year and a half from idea to release date. But there was extra time to figure out the boxes, configuration and HOW to actually make the idea happen.

All of the artists included in the series were friends or friends of friends, etc. Most of them I wanted to include from the start a few were surprises that just worked out. 

Series 1 took a year and a half from idea to release date. But there was extra time to figure out the boxes, configuration and HOW to actually make the idea happen.

All of the artists included in the series were friends or friends of friends, etc. Most of them I wanted to include from the start a few were surprises that just worked out. 

It's always great to hear the music community coming together for a great product like this.  Have you had any artists show interest for future projects as a result of the series 1 popularity?

It's always great to hear the music community coming together for a great product like this. Have you had any artists show interest for future projects as a result of the series 1 popularity?

That twitter exchange with Red City Radio Chaps had lends hope to chance they may be on board for series 2.

What I'd love to see if Fest Wax Packs or Riot Fest Wax Packs.  I fully understand that the logistics of that would most likely be impossible to pull off.  However, if it was possible I would imagine people at Fest would flip out for these, and people who can't make it would order them. 

you're right, it's probably impossible, but i love this idea. a bunch of split 7"s of new/unreleased/b-side material from the bands at [insert fest here] in wax pack form would be a smash.

What I'd love to see if Fest Wax Packs or Riot Fest Wax Packs.  I fully understand that the logistics of that would most likely be impossible to pull off.  However, if it was possible I would imagine people at Fest would flip out for these, and people who can't make it would order them. 

Would also be cool for smaller labels to promote their bands, for example Death to False Hope! I look forward to how these evolve. 

It's always great to hear the music community coming together for a great product like this.  Have you had any artists show interest for future projects as a result of the series 1 popularity?

For sure. I can't name names at the moment, but some big acts actually which was pretty cool! 

That twitter exchange with Red City Radio Chaps had lends hope to chance they may be on board for series 2.

I hope so!! 

you're right, it's probably impossible, but i love this idea. a bunch of split 7"s of new/unreleased/b-side material from the bands at [insert fest here] in wax pack form would be a smash.

Would also be cool for smaller labels to promote their bands, for example Death to False Hope! I look forward to how these evolve. 

Yeah - it's got some legs. I've got the majority of it figured out. The packaging, etc definitely took some time. 

I do like this idea for different themed wax packs, the problem would be having a line up 6-8 months before the event. 

what were you trying to link to in all those links? and which color did you get?

They are very addictive. I don't want to sound too cheesy but this has been the most enjoyable experience with collecting vinyl I've had in a long time. No refreshing to snipe off the rarest variant before anyone else, no preorder delays, no entitled whiners bitching about every minute dissatisfaction with the release they may have. And opening these packs is as exciting as opening a surprise on Christmas morning. Fantastic job all around Chaps!