PO: Four 7" from Fat Wreck Chords set to be released 11/26

You guys know you don't have to get every variant right?

Also one of them is a tour record. So quit bitching.

Have you seen your NOFX collection? Lol, kidding of course, I know variant collecting is what it is. Swinging utters is the only fat band I try to get everything from anyway, but I just don't see a point of having a super limited release sold in one geographical location.

i have (obviously) seen my NOFX collection, but one thing youll never see me do is complain because of too many variants or that i missed a color pre order. if i miss it ill buy a black, the music is the same. if im able to get a color down the road, thats awesome. 

i am fortunate to have a few 'hookups' in the SF area for the exclusives, but those arent fool proof. 

if some people here put the same amount of time into finding someone to help the store exclusives as they do complaining about them they would have contacts too.

i have (obviously) seen my NOFX collection, but one thing youll never see me do is complain because of too many variants or that i missed a color pre order. if i miss it ill buy a black, the music is the same. if im able to get a color down the road, thats awesome. 

i am fortunate to have a few 'hookups' in the SF area for the exclusives, but those arent fool proof. 

if some people here put the same amount of time into finding someone to help the store exclusives as they do complaining about them they would have contacts too.

I feel the same way as far as the music is the same no matter the color. I don't want to turn this into another "why we collect variants" thread, we all know where that goes.

But for friendly conversation, can you honestly say that it's a viable option for record collectors to "find a hookup" half way across the country? If you have one, good for you. But even if I knew someone in San Fran, I wouldn't ask them to go to some store and wait in line to buy me a record.

i think its absolutely a possible thing to do. if you know someone in SF but dont want to ask them to go, thats your own fault. 

however, my different "hook ups" go to the store regardless of if i ask them to or not because they are collectors themselves and it just so happens to work in my favor. 

its not hard to find someone to help, there are even people from the opposite side of the country who send mail couriers in there to pick up the record for them and have it shipped. its possible to find a non-ebay route, but it takes some work. its not going to fall into your lap.

i think its absolutely a possible thing to do. if you know someone in SF but dont want to ask them to go, thats your own fault. 

however, my different "hook ups" go to the store regardless of if i ask them to or not because they are collectors themselves and it just so happens to work in my favor. 

its not hard to find someone to help, there are even people from the opposite side of the country who send mail couriers in there to pick up the record for them and have it shipped. its possible to find a non-ebay route, but it takes some work. its not going to fall into your lap.

Agreed, I always try to pick 1 or 2 extra tour copies or whatever when I see em. however lately it seems to less people are doing so. 

i try and do the same whenever i have the chance, however i havent had the chance since the pink Old Man Markley - Party Shack EP came out. i ended up picking up around 27 of them for a bunch of members of the FWW. Everyone of them went to a good home and it helped build up a little good karma. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...