Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Yeah, I'm not getting on you for that, I have no problem with that either haha I was just saying it was awkward because I looked at it as that dude bought it without knowing there was a repress and paid a bunch of money. But if he just wanted the first pressing, then it's not awkward at all, just works out for everyone haha

Seriously. It's not awkward one bit. I know exactly what's going on and what's coming in November or 2014. I'm (thankfully) in a position where throwing around some money to grab the first edition of a nostalgic record won't impact me in the least. I'm glad to pay a little bit extra if that means a VC member has some free cash. Share the love, man.

Seriously. It's not awkward one bit. I know exactly what's going on and what's coming in November or 2014. I'm (thankfully) in a position where throwing around some money to grab the first edition of a nostalgic record won't impact me in the least. I'm glad to pay a little bit extra if that means a VC member has some free cash. Share the love, man.

I aspire to this! Hope I become a USPS man in 2014. 51k I'm coming for you

I believe on 11/19

Kind of silly considering the BNE repress is out 11/5. It's embarassing enough to go into Hot Topic in white-collar office regalia during lunch hour once, why make me suffer twice?

Somewhat off topic, any thoughts on a Shipwreck in the Sand repress? Used prices are starting to get up there and it's not even particularly rare or critically acclaimed. Seems something that HT would be up for.

I will update the list tomorrow (Saturday) due to being out of town. I will also share my spreadsheet idea. Sorry for the wait. I'm in Baltimore.

I have never felt right going into my local hot topic. 

haha I always go during the week, around 11am when I know the kids wont be around. Luckily the manager is a really cool guy. Put a long sleeve button shirt and tie on him to cover up his sleeves and he basically looks like a white collar dude. We bonded when I bought a Tim Barry LP from him a few months ago so if I call and he has something I want in stock, he'll hold it for me.

The hot topic in my area has 2 cardboard boxes that hold maybe 20 records a piece at max capacity.  They have multiple copies of about 7-8 titles at any given time.  When I ask them about what they are looking to get in stock that's new, they just kinda say, "We get whatever they send us".  Would this be considered a store that has an especially small inventory of records?  I think all HT stores are located in a mall, so I'd imagine the space limitations play into that.  At any rate, the workers always just say that I can come in and look through a catalog online and they'll order what I want.

The hot topic in my area has 2 cardboard boxes that hold maybe 20 records a piece at max capacity. They have multiple copies of about 7-8 titles at any given time. When I ask them about what they are looking to get in stock that's new, they just kinda say, "We get whatever they send us". Would this be considered a store that has an especially small inventory of records? I think all HT stores are located in a mall, so I'd imagine the space limitations play into that. At any rate, the workers always just say that I can come in and look through a catalog online and they'll order what I want.

Yeah that would be a generally low volume store. I remember when the Saosin reissue came out, every store in the area that sells vinyl got it, but almost any other release wouldn't show up at those stores. Your store would be one like that.

Okay, so I know a lot of people will not like this, but I'm usually pretty bored and I have an OCD about spreadsheets.

I made this - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApP8MMQq2aFVdEN0enVjdzViekhXeXBRTDRHVkktWWc&usp=sharing

I'm going to keep working on it.  Adding releases that I see that I think I might care about or might carry some significance.  I know I won't be able to add everything.

If anyone wants to help out with editing it, by all means give me your gmail account name and I will add you so you can edit.