Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Guest s0uthard

Went back to my HT that got rid of clearance and put the 3 record bins by the fitting room on the floor aka West Nyak, NY. I asked why they got rid of the clearance and the associate said they will be phasing out records entirely there and may also stop selling band shirts since the company is moving away from music. She said she even heard rumors they may stop with records/all music items even online and go full pop culture.

If this comes to pass, it will suck. I will miss the BOGO $1 sales.

Went back to my HT that got rid of clearance and put the 3 record bins by the fitting room on the floor aka West Nyak, NY. I asked why they got rid of the clearance and the associate said they will be phasing out records entirely there and may also stop selling band shirts since the company is moving away from music. She said she even heard rumors they may stop with records/all music items even online and go full pop culture.

I can tell you this is all incorrect info you were given.

If they stopped selling band shirts, the company would go under... isn't clothing their top reason of existing at this point. 

Guest s0uthard

If they stopped selling band shirts, the company would go under... isn't clothing their top reason of existing at this point. 

They sell way more pop culture shirts than band shirts anyway. Getting rid of band shirts wouldn't hurt them too much.

They sell way more pop culture shirts than band shirts anyway. Getting rid of band shirts wouldn't hurt them too much.

I remember reading somewhere that they make 30/40% of their revenue through music shirts. They have a pretty high profit margin because HT makes deals with bands for exclusive designs and prints them themselves (or so I've been told).

I used to work there after high school.. they pay shit, but I had some great and bad memories there. It's fun picking what you wanted to listen to and just blast it all day in a retail setting. People are annoying though.. especially people that shop there (i.e. buying everything but music). They act cool and try befriending you because you work at hot topic even though your the fucking polar opposite of someone who buys an anarchy wristband yet paying sales tax for it. I also got drunk on a Sunday morning with a co-worker haha.

This made me lol. Sounds like an Onion article. Classic rumor mill bullshit. Hahaha!

I used to work there after high school.. they pay shit, but I had some great and bad memories there. It's fun picking what you wanted to listen to and just blast it all day in a retail setting. People are annoying though.. especially people that shop there (i.e. buying everything but music). They act cool and try befriending you because you work at hot topic even though your the fucking polar opposite of someone who buys an anarchy wristband yet paying sales tax for it. I also got drunk on a Sunday morning with a co-worker haha.

Ah. So you're saying the real punks don't shop at Hot Topic...they just work there. Super interesting. Also...you're not your.

Ah. So you're saying the real punks don't shop at Hot Topic...they just work there. Super interesting. Also...you're not your.

No, I said people buy stupid wristbands.. did you read it correctly? YOUR being meen, come on know!

Edit: That's exactly what I said.