Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

I contacted them when I got Further Seems Forever from them completely smashed, and customer service didn't care. If you paid with a debit card you can return it in store if you haven't opened it, if you paid with paypal you will have to pay for return shipping back to them.

It seems all my orders from them late this year have been shipping with no extra inserts or bubble wrap, they used to pack to be the most secure records that I got from anyone.

I contacted them when I got Further Seems Forever from them completely smashed, and customer service didn't care. If you paid with a debit card you can return it in store if you haven't opened it, if you paid with paypal you will have to pay for return shipping back to them.

It seems all my orders from them late this year have been shipping with no extra inserts or bubble wrap, they used to pack to be the most secure records that I got from anyone.

Now I'm nervous, I'll find out soon.

Edit:  Aside from a minor bend in one of the corners, everything else looks good.  Mine did not have any other packing material either, straight into a cardboard mailer and sent out.

Travis can't help you out with some stuff like "Why no more vinylz at my HT?!?" but he does give a shit about people getting trashed records in the mail. If he sees your messages he will likely help.

Good to know.  I got my other record from them today as well and although it came from the same distribution center in TN it came packaged totally different, this time sandwiched in between two pieces of cardboard taped together and put into a 14x2x14 box with no other packing material.  Gladly though it was in good condition.  Makes me wonder why they wouldn't have a standard way to ship vinyl.

I have to vent some serious anger. hot topic needs to get out of the vinyl game. I just ordered 3 vinyl and they arrived in a plastic shipping bag thing with just the vinyl inside and them Dinged to fucking hell. The stores treat the vinyl like absolute shit, and they don't care about them. They should just remove them from the company.

I have to vent some serious anger. hot topic needs to get out of the vinyl game. I just ordered 3 vinyl and they arrived in a plastic shipping bag thing with just the vinyl inside and them Dinged to fucking hell. The stores treat the vinyl like absolute shit, and they don't care about them. They should just remove them from the company.

But then where would Travis go?

Pretty much every record i've ever purchased from them has damage. Most recent copy was +44. Damaged when i bought it but it was the only copy the 4 stores in my area had for sale. They dont discount for damaged records either & still expect full price. What can you do when its an exclusive. If they have an album in stock i want thats available at my local record store -- i pay more for it elsewhere because $22.50+ is to much for a damaged record. Pretty sure its a combination of shipping/employees/their customers. Then they removed vinyl from my locations because of this.

Pretty much every record i've ever purchased from them has damage. Most recent copy was +44. Damaged when i bought it but it was the only copy the 4 stores in my area had for sale. They dont discount for damaged records either & still expect full price. What can you do when its an exclusive. If they have an album in stock i want thats available at my local record store -- i pay more for it elsewhere because $22.50+ is to much for a damaged record. Pretty sure its a combination of shipping/employees/their customers. Then they removed vinyl from my locations because of this.

My store (Gainesville, FL) has had the same decent-sized vinyl rack since they started carrying vinyl a few years ago and I've never had a problem with in-store vinyl or ship to store being damaged. I guess it has a lot to do with the employees and management in each store.

I'm not going to lie, I flipped a couple of records that I've picked up from hot topics these past few weeks on ebay. I know that's frowned upon but I did it for the sake of buying more records

It's your $ & you're allowed to do whatever you want. There's only like 2 ppl on this site that bitch about it & they do the same shit but sit on them for 6 months & listen to it to justify it. So you're not doing anything different from anyone else & nobody else cares. Get more records!