Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

And leave vinyl up online when Hot Cash hits.

Another challenge with vinyl is that labels and distributors are already gouging and raising prices, so profit margins are razor thin on the retail end. Taking a massive discount on them is not a solution if you want to keep them in stores, especially with how Hot Cash functions since so many people just use the discount codes online when they didn't actually make a purchase in the first place.

Spoke with a employee at my local Hot Topic today ( Canton Ohio) they still have the Buy 2 get 1 deal... He said what a few people have said here in the past couple months. That their store plans to pretty much stop getting in vinyl by mid 2016 or end, and carry very little if any stock of vinyl. Hope its not true.

I was at the Hollywood & Highland location for this sale and got the same response from one of the employees there. Bummer. 

I was at the Hollywood & Highland location for this sale and got the same response from one of the employees there. Bummer. 

Same at my local in CT. The girl said that she was told the store was trying to get out of vinyl period. It kind of sucks, but at the same time, if it helps make vinyl less trendy that's cool too. Plus if it stays online, there's always ship to store for free. :D

Travis, in case your list of things isn't already half a mile long to get pressed.  A few Recommendations here from the peanut gallery:

OKGO & Phantom Planet both have a few albums that haven't been pressed.  Would love to see them get a HT variant (or a regular press for that matter.)

But just waiting for  the new Panic! and Say Anything LPs so I can give HT some of my money!

Travis, in case your list of things isn't already half a mile long to get pressed.  A few Recommendations here from the peanut gallery:

OKGO & Phantom Planet both have a few albums that haven't been pressed.  Would love to see them get a HT variant (or a regular press for that matter.)

But just waiting for  the new Panic! and Say Anything LPs so I can give HT some of my money!

Closure in Moscow seems like something the HT clientele would dig and their first album is solid. I'd buy that for sure.

PHANTOM PLANET YES

Travis, in case your list of things isn't already half a mile long to get pressed. A few Recommendations here from the peanut gallery:

OKGO & Phantom Planet both have a few albums that haven't been pressed. Would love to see them get a HT variant (or a regular press for that matter.)

But just waiting for the new Panic! and Say Anything LPs so I can give HT some of my money!

Same at my local in CT. The girl said that she was told the store was trying to get out of vinyl period. It kind of sucks, but at the same time, if it helps make vinyl less trendy that's cool too. Plus if it stays online, there's always ship to store for free. :D

Maybe Travis can shed some light on what current stores that carry vinyl are going to do, and Hot Topic's plans are going forward. I've always been very happy with HT pressings 

A couple new exclusives:

Pierce the Veil - Selfish Machines LP on glow in the dark vinyl

This one is online now and in select stores

43AC8520-0C06-4D0A-8F60-F6D6C37C4633_zps

The Contortionist - Exoplanet LP on clear dark purple

This one will be online very soon and is in select stores

BC964695-AD43-4A6E-99D6-5E3C8D4432DE_zps