Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Am leaving for the States in a couple of days. The original plan was to buy vinyl en masse at Hot Topic, but alas, that is no longer the case.

Can someone get me up to speed though - if I go to a store/outlet, am I still likely to find some vinyl floating around? Are they full price, or still $10? And does ship to store really take up to 14 days if I ordered online and chose that option?

Edited by ximperfectx

26 minutes ago, ximperfectx said:

Am leaving for the States in a couple of days. The original plan was to buy vinyl en masse at Hot Topic, but alas, that is no longer the case.

Can someone get me up to speed though - if I go to a store/outlet, am I still likely to find some vinyl floating around? Are they full price, or still $10? And does ship to store really take up to 14 days if I ordered online and chose that option?

Some vinyl, not much. Probably a lot of the same stuff. None at outlets from what I've seen. Still $10 from the signage I saw a week ago out here. And it's pretty slow in my experience. 

4 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Did you even bother to read the last page or so? Or how about the thread specifically dedicated to this release?

yes? and I didn't see anything about it? and i just made an account like an hour ago so no i didn't know there was a thread dedicated to ioh and honestly if the answer to my question was so obvious you could've just said yes or no instead of this lmao

11 minutes ago, peach said:

yes? and I didn't see anything about it? and i just made an account like an hour ago so no i didn't know there was a thread dedicated to ioh and honestly if the answer to my question was so obvious you could've just said yes or no instead of this lmao

The plates are the same.

1 hour ago, drivervr628 said:

What codes were you using? I'm trying htaugs50 and the $50 off won't work for me. not that matters but I'm fairly positive I haven't used one of those codes in at least six months. Sorry if I missed it but do these codes no longer work for records?

That's the code I have too, I'm thinking they are now excluding vinyl from these codes, which would suck. The fine print now says not valid on vinyl records, so I guess they changed that. That's probably going to cut back my HT spending quite a bit. Those codes made it worth it.

3 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

That's the code I have too, I'm thinking they are now excluding vinyl from these codes, which would suck. The fine print now says not valid on vinyl records, so I guess they changed that. That's probably going to cut back my HT spending quite a bit. Those codes made it worth it.

daaaamn. that sucks. 

On 8/15/2016 at 1:16 PM, DOMAN127 said:

:/

My expression exactly. That's a shame. I might still pick up Infinity On High though. I have the picture disc and it is absolutely trash. I've been told that the HT pressing sounds much better. I really wanted to pick up the FUTCT repress, but not if the quality is going to match the previous HT pressing. 

1 minute ago, MyckelJay said:

My expression exactly. That's a shame. I might still pick up Infinity On High though. I have the picture disc and it is absolutely trash. I've been told that the HT pressing sounds much better. I really wanted to pick up the FUTCT repress, but not if the quality is going to match the previous HT pressing. 

I have the HT IOH and it's CD sourced. It isn't that bad, but it's not really dynamic by any means. 

4 hours ago, RhoBearToe said:

You can no longer use Hot Cash on vinyl either. I haven't used any Hot Cash since they started doing this. My HT only carries Disney picture discs, and the one by my work stopped carrying vinyl all together, so I don't go in there much anyway. Really sucks that they did that though. 

So I did this once a while ago and it worked. It isn't much but it's something.

The hot topic survey codes at the bottom of your in-store receipts are good for $10 off of a $40 purchase and I've ALWAYS used it in the store with no problems...I had to order over the phone once (it was weird. I had to call customer service) and they let me use the code. 

$10 off of $40 doesn't sound like much but at the end of it it'll be around 20% off with tax.

I hope this works for you and I hope it helps a few people save SOMETHING.

On 8/21/2016 at 3:09 AM, ImmaculateKicks86 said:

when is the panic repress release?

They're all on the same day at the end of October. I was told 10/30 but that's a Sunday so I'm guessing it will be 10/28.

On 8/21/2016 at 1:31 PM, ximperfectx said:

Some stores do still have vinyl. If you go into a store and dont see it, just ask someone as it may be in the back room.

If they do happen to have vinyl it will be cheap.

On 8/22/2016 at 7:13 PM, peach said:

@travis Do you know if infinity on high is going to have the bonus tracks? Does FUTCT?

They are both the same track listing as previous HT exclusive pressings