Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

• 3 months later...

3 hours ago, Rezqua said:

IIRC the same reason decemberunderground hasn't. The label they were on is no longer around and the rights are buttfuck knows where.

Sing the Sorrow was on DreamWorks (the now defunct label) and the vinyl was a joint release between DreamWorks and Nitro. 

Decemberunderground was on Interscope.

6 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Sing the Sorrow was on DreamWorks (the now defunct label) and the vinyl was a joint release between DreamWorks and Nitro. 

Decemberunderground was on Interscope.

Both were licensed from their respective labels and released on vinyl by Adeline... which shut down last summer. Concord recently licensed and remastered their first 5 albums (as well as released their last album) so there may be some hope for Concord to take the lead on getting those records reissued.

All I know is if AFI has any say in it the albums most likely won't get reissued. They're not huge fans of reissues, and they even put statements out asking not to support the label when Nitro reissued all of their albums without permission. And the same thing again when their old bass player put out new issues of their Dork 7" record. Davey has even said that he likes their releases to be rare.

Edited by Ogrejoyed

57 minutes ago, Ogrejoyed said:

All I know is if AFI has any say in it the albums most likely won't get reissued. They're not huge fans of reissues, and they even put statements out asking not to support the label when Nitro reissued all of their albums without permission. And the same thing again when their old bass player put out new issues of their Dork 7" record. Davey has even said that he likes their releases to be rare.

This is stupid. Davey is stupid.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This is stupid. Davey is stupid.

I understand it from the perspective that those labels are making money off of AFI's work and AFI doesn't see any if it.

Admittingly, I have bought a couple of their reissued 7" records and I love having them because I don't have $800 to spend on an original. 

Even though I finally caved and bought STS like 6 months ago, I'm just surprised how expensive it is for being a 10,000 pressed record.