Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

I just called the local hot topic, which in the past you would be lucky to find any more than 15 records total at any given time, looking for a few titles. the manager said they just received 2 boxes of nothing but vinyl but wasn't sure what was in them yet. He then said that he was definitely going to make vinyl a much bigger priority for the holidays and the future in general at his store so to call back later this week once they had the new vinyl section set up. Stoked!

I just called the local hot topic, which in the past you would be lucky to find any more than 15 records total at any given time, looking for a few titles. the manager said they just received 2 boxes of nothing but vinyl but wasn't sure what was in them yet. He then said that he was definitely going to make vinyl a much bigger priority for the holidays and the future in general at his store so to call back later this week once they had the new vinyl section set up. Stoked!

Good for you man!

It's been interesting to see things come full circle.  I remember when I was younger and my hot topic had a huge CD section.  You could really find everything you were looking for.....for 18 dollars a cd, haha.  The music section got smaller every year, then it was almost completely eliminated.  Over the last 2 years, there is literally zero CD section, and nothing but 6 crates jam packed of vinyl.  Maybe hot topic will somewhat actually go back to "being all about the music" hahaha.

If you don't mind me asking, which location did you speak to?

OP looks great, my wallet hurts in anticipation.

Note: I have copies of Brand New Eyes and The Academy is... that I picked up just in case some one here missed out.

So if anyone is interested hmu. Cost+Shipping+Fees

Also, have copies of All We Know Is Falling, but that's available online so you don't have to resort to me unless you prefer to.

I also need to add these but I don't think any of the 11/25 releases came out on time.  I'll update this after work tonight.

Here's the first round coming for an 11/25 release date. There will be more in December and more in early 2014.

Bad Religion - No Control - blue vinyl /700

Bouncing Souls - Bouncing Souls - red vinyl /500

Millencolin - Life On A Plate - blue vinyl /500

NOFX - Ribbed - clear vinyl /700

Pennywise - Pennywise - blue vinyl /500

Rancid - Rancid (1993) - red vinyl /700

New batch for December...12/10 street date

Bad Religion - Against the Grain - purple /700

Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation - blue /500

Descendents - Everything Sucks - purple /700

Millencolin - For Monkeys - green /500

NOFX - White Trash... - yellow /700

Pennywise - Unknown Road - orange /500

Rancid - Let's Go 2x10" - red /700

I know it's been talked about a lot on here, but I feel like if anyone might have a shot at getting a Tooth and Nail record licensed at this point, it would be Travis.  I know it's still obtainable - it was explained a little clearer in the most recent Chris Staples thread.  With that being said, if Hot Topic wanted to do a run of 500 to 1000 (or even more) of As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep, I don't think it would be any trouble to make it happen, AND it would sell out in no time.  Son I Loved You At Your Darkest sold 1000 within a day, and there are even more people that would love to see Come Now Sleep happen.  A simple 2xLP on clear....you couldn't get much better than that.

Just an idea, Travis.  If I were in your shoes, I would take advantage of your position and try for some of the albums like this that might get lost in the cracks before its too late!

They won't show you?  Seems like a great way to not sell anything ever.

She seemed put out when I asked her if they had TAI in the back because it's all locked up and what not. Granted it was the day before Black Friday so she was getting ready for that. I need to go back when it's a regular day and ask to see I guess.