PO: Nobunny - Secret Songs

GONER RECORDS STORE UPDATE

OUT NOW!

NOBUNNY
Secret Songs lp/cd/downloads

COLORED VINYL AVAILABLE ONLY via GONER!
Ordering instructions below- don't wait- these will go quickly!

****************IMPORTANT***** ***********

HOW TO ORDER NOBUNNY
COLORED VINYL LP

1) Send an email to [email protected]
with   NOBUNNY + YOUR NAME as the header

For Example our favorite mod/soul/electro performer would submit
   NOBUNNY EDDY GRANT
for his order

You do not have to fill in the body of the email
but you can if you want. A nice note is always good to read.

3) If the colored vinyl edition is still available you will be sent an order # and a link to the items on the Goner Cart. 
You may then add them to your cart and shop to your hearts content!
We will be very busy, so please be patient.
We will get to everyone in order.

Colored vinyl is limited to one per customer per title please
Prices do not include shipping

Please include your order # in the comments section of the chekcout process. Orders without issued order numbers will be discarded.

Black vinyl editions of this release may be added to the order as well- no limit!

Pre-Order copies will be held until Friday at Midnight, then made
available for sale to the next customers in line.

Amazing, long-awaited return to the twisted bubblegum garage punk
coming straight out of Nobunnys weird weird mind!

vmbb_NOBUNNYSECRETSONGS3x372.jpg

NOBUNNY Secret Songs            
-----------

About Secret Songs

Sometime, you may find yourself broke, unable to get laid, and, despite it all, constantly surrendering to the urge to sit around all day, get high, jerk off, and eat candy. Times like these it feels like no can help, no one understands . . . nobody except NOBUNNY, that is. This latest installment, Secret Songs, shhhhh, could just have easily been called “The Complete Idiot’s Guide To The Scumbag Life”, but maybe that’s the point. NOBUNNY seems to have found the lowlife fountain of youth; some radioactive sewage drain drank from in a desperate attempt to ward off last night’s hangover. He’s flaunting it in front of everyone and its impossible not to have a good time while he’s doing it.

“These are just thoughts in your head / and soon like you they’ll be gone and dead,” sings NOBUNNY on the album’s opening track, “Bye Bye Roxie,” backed by an unrelenting snare drum and a fuzzed out guitar melody so childishly addictive you could gargle it.  The remainder of the album provides a didactic framework on how to deal with the essential elements in life: girls, drugs, and people you don’t like very much. “Little Bo Bitch” offers an admonition to those who would attempt to sneer at the type of punk rock jezebel described therein, with a rabbit thump rhythm that embodies the sort of horny frenzy one would imagine Little Bo Bitch to induce in her amours. “Rotten Sweet Tooth” relates the internal struggles of a “dirty old man with a rotten sweet tooth” to choose between his girl and his sweets, ultimately settling on the former (who said NOBUNNY was impractical?). Aside from covering a variety of lyrical subjects, this album also showcases a diversity of genre. From the 1960s AM country-radio stylings of “Trouble in Mind,” which could just have easily ended up a Waylon Jennings 8-track if temporal circumstances would allow, to the blast-beat, hardcore assault of “Buried in a Bong,” this album proves NOBUNNY’s absurd, sadistic, loony toon appropriation of rock n roll fears no horizon.               

So next time Mom and Dad tell you to get off your ass, go see a psychiatrist and get your life together, tell them to forget about it. You’ve got a new five-foot-ten, fruitcake, half-rabbit best friend who knows the best way to make sense of life is to drown those brain cells in cheap beer and shake until you’re cross-eyed, no matter how messed up it all seems.

Tracklist
1. Bye Bye Roxie
2. True Vulture
3. Pretty Girls
4. Trouble In Mind
5. It's Pathetic
6. Lizard Liars
7. Rotten Sweet Tooth
8. Do The Stooge
9. My Blank Space
10. Little Bo Bitch
11. Red Light Love
12. The Birthday Girl
13. Buried In A Bong
14. Lovin Lovin You
-----------
www.facebook.com/THENOBUNNY
www.nobunny.bandcamp.com/

I've never done a pre-order through Goner using the e-mail method. The last time I pre-ordered something from them was when they released The Retards - Teenage Hate/Fuck Elvis double LP on clear. Managed to get my order in before the entire site crashed and even that took 30 minutes of refreshing. Something tells me this will go smoother.

I see your in Oakland - It looks like Nobunny is playing the Brick + Mortar in SF on 11/23. I'm thinking of hitting it up.

I see your in Oakland - It looks like Nobunny is playing the Brick + Mortar in SF on 11/23. I'm thinking of hitting it up.

After that last show, I am going on a Nobunny live hiatus. I had to drag my ass out on a weeknight and was just generally pissed that he really didn't give a crap about the show. He barely even sang the lyrics to even one song. It was really bad and almost made me say FU to him altogether, but I have been to amazingly fun shows by him as well, so I am still onboard. Hopefully the SF show will be back to form.

I hate that feeling. I grew up in The Bay (San Bruno), but I live in Sacramento now, so just factoring in the drive there and back, plus bridge tolls both ways, gas, food, drinks... if he was hammered and put on a shit show, I would be pissed.

But, it's not that common for people to stop in Sac, so that's the price you pay sometimes.

After that last show, I am going on a Nobunny live hiatus. I had to drag my ass out on a weeknight and was just generally pissed that he really didn't give a crap about the show. He barely even sang the lyrics to even one song. It was really bad and almost made me say FU to him altogether, but I have been to amazingly fun shows by him as well, so I am still onboard. Hopefully the SF show will be back to form.

Just curious, when was the show?

The new system works great ....as long as people dont post the instructions on other sites.

....way to get the email 30 minutes to late because it was cut and pasted on to every vinyl collector forum out there.

Where else was it posted? I only saw it here.

Personally, I think it's bad form to post these emails since the label purposely is trying to control the process a little better.

Personally, I think it's bad form to post these emails since the label purposely is trying to control the process a little better.

My bad. I was just following the protocol that I see on here all the time. I would have wanted to know the pre-order was live if I hadn't checked my e-mail.

My bad. I was just following the protocol that I see on here all the time. I would have wanted to know the pre-order was live if I hadn't checked my e-mail.

It's no one's bad, really. It's going to get out anyway. I just think of it as a little perk that people who get the emails get the first crack at it.

I DEFINITELY appreciate you posting about this and don't think it's in bad form AT ALL. I am subscribed to the email list, but didn't get this one. You are the reason why I have my colored Nobunny. Thank you! I also like the way Goner handled this one.