The Beer Thread

Give me a four pack of Hopslam and the night is usually an embarrassment. So delicious yet so many bad memories.

Hopslam is fucking amazing! +1 for mentioning a beer that doesn't suck lol PS what bars in Cleveland do you hit up? I already drank thought Melt and Winking Lizard's beer selection for the most part!

If you want the best pumpkin beer money can offer it goes like this....

Weyerbacher - Imperial Pumpking Ale $12 a 4 pack.

Hoppin Frog - Imperial Pumpking $8 a bomber (22 fl oz.)

Southern Tier - Imperial Pumpking $8 a bomber (22 fl oz.)

Heavy Seas - Greater Pumpkin $7 a bomber (22 fl oz.)

The rest of the pumpkin beers are not worthy for the list (Woodchuck, Lakefront, Brooklyn, etc.)

But for the rest of non beer connoisseurs most of the mass produced beer will do.

And beer that I've recently had that is a great winter warmer for your Tofurkey is Left Hand - Fade to Black vol 3 Black Pepper Porter <3

I actually just had the shock top pumpkin last night. That was alright. Had the blue moon a while back and liked that better. Gotta love clearance loose 6 packs.

Dang, Lakefront was the best of the bunch. You can get it in Illinois at some places.

Baller. That'll be next on my list.

Give me a four pack of Hopslam and the night is usually an embarrassment. So delicious yet so many bad memories.

Hopslam is fucking amazing! +1 for mentioning a beer that doesn't suck lol PS what bars in Cleveland do you hit up? I already drank thought Melt and Winking Lizard's beer selection for the most part!

I usually hit up Melt (they have Ithaca's Flower Power currently which is a fav) the Lizard, and sometimes i go down to the Tremont Taphouse or even the Beer Engine in lakewood. Since it's more towards to the holiday, I remember Deagan's having the most winter warmers so i'll probably be spending some time there. I did like the IPA I had from Market Garden Brewery so i may try that place again.

If you want the best pumpkin beer money can offer it goes like this....

Hoppin Frog - Imperial Pumpking $8 a bomber (22 fl oz.)

Heavy Seas - Greater Pumpkin $7 a bomber (22 fl oz.)

The rest of the pumpkin beers are not worthy for the list (Woodchuck, Lakefront, Brooklyn, etc.)

But for the rest of non beer connoisseurs most of the mass produced beer will do.

And beer that I've recently had that is a great winter warmer for your Tofurkey is Left Hand - Fade to Black vol 3 Black Pepper Porter <3

I'll be on the lookout for those, thanks. I'll have to hit up a place with a bigger selection than I normally go to.

Just looked online and they have these two listed, score.

I just had my first beer in over a week, due to me believing I fucked my liver up by stupidly popping 6 500mg Vicodin with two beers.

Anyone brew their own? I brewed my interpretation of a breakfast stout with chocolate malt, oatmeal, and maple syrup. It turned out really nice. I also brewed an imperial pumpkin last month... that turned out... meh. Just too fucking strong, it will seriously put you on your ass. I've got a winter brew fermenting at the moment. If anyone wants one of the pumpkins hit me up and I'll send you that shit for free.

Rogue chocolate porter=awesome

I had it both on draft and bottle. The draft was pretty harsh compared to the bottle. Has anyone tried any of those $100+ beers? I wonder if its actually worth it.

[image]

It's a Chocolate Stout homie. Although they do make a Mocha Porter.

without a doubt, yes. While this is not the BEST beer I've ever had (it's actually hard to come up w/ what that would be), it is still simply amazing. Should it cost ~$115? Probably not. Will I ever have another one? Also, probably not. And it's also hard to call it a beer considering BrewDog uses freeze distillation to achieve such a monumental ABV. But it was one of the most unique, complex beers I've ever tried, and I'm happy I did. right now, I'm sipping on this guy though, which is amazing for about $25

[image]

and after this, a strict diet of Keystone Light 8-);D

Also, did anybody get a chance to try/buy any of the Founders CBS? I ended up w/ two bottles, but don't know when I'm gonna open em.

Been drinking a lot of Wolaver's sample packs lately. Not a bad brew in the bunch. Vermont has some good beer.

Hill Farmstead and Lawson's Finest Liquids are killing it right now. If you or anyone makes it to VT make sure to try those.

I know this one is hyped to shit but had my first this year in San Francisco. It was great.

[image]

hell yea, i studied in germany for a year and drank paulaner weiss alllll the time

well, I lived in Germany for about 30 years. I know what you are talking about ;D

I just had my first visit to Oktoberfest and came back with an unquenchable thirst for good German beers. Thankfully, Philly is a kick ass beer town.

Anyone try the Three Floyds - Zombie Dust yet? I want to get a case but can't track it down...

I just had my first beer in over a week, due to me believing I fucked my liver up by stupidly popping 6 500mg Vicodin with two beers.

Anyone brew their own? I brewed my interpretation of a breakfast stout with chocolate malt, oatmeal, and maple syrup. It turned out really nice. I also brewed an imperial pumpkin last month... that turned out... meh. Just too fucking strong, it will seriously put you on your ass. I've got a winter brew fermenting at the moment. If anyone wants one of the pumpkins hit me up and I'll send you that shit for free.

Yea, I brewed a couple batches under my alias of Hipster Brewing Co.

Napoleon Bona' Porter - a pale porter based on the Napoleon era of taxation of darker porters

and a few others that were less witty names and moderate taste.

Are either of you on homebrewtalk.com ?