The Beer Thread

http://darklordday.com/

Anyone else planning to attend?

So what exactly is it? I mean I get you're going to get Dark Lord which is only available during this time, plus the opportunity to get a barrel aged version. But other than that and bands what else is it? Like do you get to sample their other things under the cost of the ticket or what? I've seen this for a few years but I'm always not fully understanding I guess.

So what exactly is it? I mean I get you're going to get Dark Lord which is only available during this time, plus the opportunity to get a barrel aged version. But other than that and bands what else is it? Like do you get to sample their other things under the cost of the ticket or what? I've seen this for a few years but I'm always not fully understanding I guess.

Well you have access to their other beers that are also tough to find as well. You can buy cases of Zombie Dust, which is a treat in of itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I know someone (hipster maybe?) was asking about beers brewed with ginger. Left Hand has a spring seasonal called Juju that's brewed with ginger and is really good, so if you get that in your area definitely check it out.

A local brewery just did a ginger red ale. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. 

I know someone (hipster maybe?) was asking about beers brewed with ginger. Left Hand has a spring seasonal called Juju that's brewed with ginger and is really good, so if you get that in your area definitely check it out.

Yea I still got a pound of ginger left, I've been boiling it and trying to get the "hang" of the powerful taste depending on the slices.....so far I've made some awesome ass Ginger + Pure Honey green tea :P

When I was back home for break I found my brew notebook and stuff, so I may actually try to get some carboys filled up this semester or over summer (lots of downtime :/) We should have a VC collab brew :P

When I was back home for break I found my brew notebook and stuff, so I may actually try to get some carboys filled up this semester or over summer (lots of downtime :/) We should have a VC collab brew :P

It would be super fun for a bunch of us to brew the same recipe and do a trade a few months down the line.  Or maybe start with a base recipe and go from there.

I'm in to do a brew club. I'm gonna make a whole new setup once i move in a month or so.

I eagerly await the day I can do the same. Having moves into a small apartment last year, I've resorted to smaller batches and switched to extract over all-grain. It's mind-numbingly simple, but hard to justify all the prep work for a 10-pack of beer.

I eagerly await the day I can do the same. Having moves into a small apartment last year, I've resorted to smaller batches and switched to extract over all-grain. It's mind-numbingly simple, but hard to justify all the prep work for a 10-pack of beer.

I'm doing 5 gallon all grain batches in a very small studio, all about determination (and being luckily enough to have a gas stove). :)  I don't plan on moving anytime soon, but not having to scale back my brewing is going to be a decision.

I'm doing 5 gallon all grain batches in a very small studio, all about determination (and being luckily enough to have a gas stove). :)  I don't plan on moving anytime soon, but not having to scale back my brewing is going to be a decision.

I'm moving again at the end of the year. Girlfriend is pushing hard for a house, and the only things swaying me in her direction are 1) room for all of my books/records/movies and 2) room for brewing/storage. Just have to figure out if its worth all the other legwork!

I drink cheap beer. It works.

The beer I brew is really good. And cheaper than most cheap beer.

I'm wayyyy down for a VC brew club. I try to brew a 5 gal batch at least once a month. Lately I've made the greatest arrangement in the world with some of my friends. They tell me what kind of beer they want, I make a few suggestions and once we agree on a recipe they pay for the ingredients, I brew/ferment/bottle and then when all is said and done I keep half. Pretty sweet little deal IMO.