The Beer Thread

It's probably just the lighting in the photo, but that doesn't look like a porter.

I wasn't drinking the Porter. Just picked up a sixpack to go. I believe that beer was a bench(pale) ale which was a combination brew of several local breweries. The puppy breath is supposed to have coffee and chocolaty flavor.

New England ppl: one of my friends is going to Boston and wants to bring back a few beers for me.

Anything that is available in Boston and wouldn't be available on Minnesota that I must try?

I do not like IPAs/hops, and stouts are not my favorite unless they are sweet milk type stouts. I'm open to most other styles, especially Belgian style beers or wheat beers :)

Let me know what's awesome!

There's a place in town that has a huge selection of craft beer singles. Made up a sixer tonight of Wachusett Green Monstah, Otter Creek Hop Session Ale, Magic Hat Elder Betty.. And two more I can't recall. One is a Rogue red ale.

Had a Stone Enjoy By 420 over the weekend. It was nuts.

Just put a Enjoy by 420 in the fridge for my birthday tomorrow.  Really enjoyed Osker Blues G'Knight.  Initial taste is a bit malty for my taste, but I found myself liking it more and more as I drank it.  Some west coast someone should send me a six pack of Widmer Upheaval so I can satisfy my need for badges. 

Had a Stone Enjoy By 420 over the weekend. It was nuts.

Had one on Thursday. Enjoyed it a lot. 

I went to my girlfriend's family friend's house for dinner on Friday. The guy asked if I wanted a beer. Upon saying yes, I discovered that he had four home brews up. Imperial Stout, Imperial Stout aging in a whiskey barrel, an Imperial Red aging in a tequila barrel, and an IPA. He also had a blueberry sour in the works. I was pretty excited. 

Pretty productive week:

Bridgeport - Old Knucklehead No. 14 Barleywine

Dogfish Head - Aprihop

Whitewall - Oso Happy IIPA

Oakshire - O'Dark 30 CDA

Home Brew - IPA

Home Brew - Imperial Stout Whiskey Casked

Home Brew - Imperial Red Tequila Casked

Home Brew - Porter

Firestone - DBA

Dogfish Head - Palo Santo Marron

Ninkasi - Helles Bock

Engine House No. 9 - Deux Cinq Trois BPA

Goose Island - The Illinois IPA

Boneyard - Armored Fist CDA

Lazy Boy - West Coast Triple IPA

Georgetown - 9lb Porter

Stone - Enjoy by 4.20.14 IPA

Dick's - Danger Ale

Stone - Go To IPA

Kulshan - Kitten Mittens Winter

I am currently drinking a Tallgrass Velvet Rooster Trippel Belgian. Not too big into this kind usually, but this is pretty dang tasty. Nice lemony flavor and it's got me buzzin' real good without tasting like alcohol. I LIKE IT.