The Beer Thread

Just attempted my first home-brew today. Bought one of those starter Brooklyn Brew Shop kits (IPA) and slaved away. It was a fun experience. I had some trouble controlling the temperature during the mash so i had to heat it up a little a couple of times. Hoping i didn't ruin the outcome too much. Not really sure how i'd be able to control the temperature that well without fancy tools though.

Just attempted my first home-brew today. Bought one of those starter Brooklyn Brew Shop kits (IPA) and slaved away. It was a fun experience. I had some trouble controlling the temperature during the mash so i had to heat it up a little a couple of times. Hoping i didn't ruin the outcome too much. Not really sure how i'd be able to control the temperature that well without fancy tools though.

It shouldn't too much, not enough to worry about it anyway.  Glad you had fun doing it!  It's a really rewarding hobby, especially after you really get the hang of it and start pumping out really good beer.

is anybody going to be in Asheville for Asheville Beer Week at the end of the month? Or, more specifically "Funk Asheville" put on by Wicked Weed? The brewery Lineup looks badass already, and considering it's going to be nothing but sour/funky beer, i'm gonna be in heaven.

• 1 month later...

Made the Bellingham run yesterday and got to sample 19 beers I havent tried between four breweries. Lots of walking with some beer breaks in between. Solid Saturday.

Thats always great.  I had 11 beers I hadn't tried before yesterday.  I got a bottle of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA today too.  I am excited to finally try it.