The Beer Thread

Guest baseball

My girlfriend's brother brought me some good stuff from Milwaukee. Can't remember the names right now, except one was called 'Dirty Old Man'. It was really good actually, and had some crazy cartoon on the label.

Mattyrizmone, I'll try and save some of the stuff for next time you're up my way. Takes me forever to get through beer and as you know, I'm more of a red wine fan anymore.

I also still have the beer you left in my apartment.

Wow...I havnt seen this thread before...lol

My fav is hoegaarden(belgium white ale)

But tis summer summer time...and I think Juan will back me on it's time for Sam's Summer Ale!

Also around the holidays check out Harpoon Winter Warmer...tastes like x-mas morning...man I could go on for weeks on great beer...

And that double choclate is good...but I can never have more that one before I get tired of it...

i'm not big on Sierra Nevada, I've had the pale ale and their ESB. But it's really just not that great, I'm not into the West Coast hops.

I don't drink much lately, but I still like new castle and yuengling and high life because they work in my budget. i'm not crazy about beer anyway. i'm more of a mixed drink fella.

how can you guys afford all this nice expensive beer

Dude, I budget for two things. Beer and records. Mostly records, but beer takes a nice chunk of our money. I don't eat/drink out too much, and I don't have to drive too far to work(i.e.save mega$$ on gas). I don't really make that much money, although in GA i'm sure just under 40 is a lot like 60 or 70 in the NE and Left Coast. Could be more or less, I'm not a mathematician.

My girlfriend's brother brought me some good stuff from Milwaukee. Can't remember the names right now, except one was called 'Dirty Old Man'. It was really good actually, and had some crazy cartoon on the label.

Mattyrizmone, I'll try and save some of the stuff for next time you're up my way. Takes me forever to get through beer and as you know, I'm more of a red wine fan anymore.

I also still have the beer you left in my apartment.

Oh, definitely. When are we hanging out again?

Young's Double Chocolate stout. Find it, steal it, drink it.

[image]

i saw that yesterday when purchasing the Sierra Nevada. I've never had it, but I know my sister loves it. I'll pick some up later tonight.

but yeah, Newcastle and Guinness (the draught, not the stout) have special places in my heart :)