The Beer Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Cracked a bottle of the 2014 DFH 120 Minute IPA last night. Crazy beer. 18% and the booziness shows through a lot. Probably the biggest beer i've tried along with the DFH World Wide Stout, which was also 18% if I remember right. WWS was a better beer year of bottling in my opinion, though I guess both age well.

It was good, but a little much. I have another bottle of it that i'm going to age for a couple years.

I'll report back in 2017. 

I had a Russian Imperial from Neshaminy Creek that was phenomenal.  It's brewed with marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers.  S'mores in a bottle.

Haven't tried that, but the High Water Campfire Stout sounds similar. It was good, but a little sweet for me. Worth checking out if you liked the other one though. 

Any time limit?

Varies by style. Any IPA or hoppy beer should get quaffed as soon as possible. It'll keep for weeks but not months. Stouts, sours, barleywines and other high ABV stuff can go for a long time. Years, depending on the style.

It won't really go bad, like milk, but it will change the flavor and texture. What are you aging and for how long?

Varies by style. Any IPA or hoppy beer should get quaffed as soon as possible. It'll keep for weeks but not months. Stouts, sours, barleywines and other high ABV stuff can go for a long time. Years, depending on the style.

It won't really go bad, like milk, but it will change the flavor and texture. What are you aging and for how long?

The beer in question is an Abbey Dubbel

http://www.ommegang.com/got/valar_morghulis.php