The Beer Thread

Hey guys I'm headed to my local shop to pick up the beer I mentioned earlier. Anything I should try? I want to expand my beer palate.

Definitely download untappd if you don't have it. You can look things up if you want when you go and see some ratings. I used to do that when I first started delving into new beers, but now I know of a lot of quality beers and breweries through seeing what others drink.

Also what style do you normally go for when buying?

Definitely download untappd if you don't have it. You can look things up if you want when you go and see some ratings. I used to do that when I first started delving into new beers, but now I know of a lot of quality beers and breweries through seeing what others drink.

Also what style do you normally go for when buying?

Sadly just mainstream stuff (Budweiser etc) but i do love Southern Magnolia Pecan Nut Brown Ale

Sadly just mainstream stuff (Budweiser etc) but i do love Southern Magnolia Pecan Nut Brown Ale

I found a list of people that distribute in SC. Try some stuff from Founders, Lagunitas, Terrapin, Bells, Cigar City, Dogfish Head, Left Hand, Harpoon, and Victory. Those are just some of the ones that I am more familiar with.

Get the Milk Stout Nitro from Left Hand. I added you as well.

Seconded and added!  You too Sean.  

Had some GREAT beers tonight.  Got a mixed 6 pack.

The Crisp-Sixpoint 4/5

Guilty Filthy Soul-Duclaw 4.5/5

Vanilla Java Porter-Atwater 5/5  I loved it.

Boxcarr Pumpkin Porter-Starr Hill 4/5

Finestkind IPA-Smuttynose 4/5

Single-Wide IPA-Boulevard 4/5

Trick or Treat-Evil Genius 4/5

Dirty Bastard-Founders 4/5

Old Leghumper-Thirsty Dog 4/5

Coal Porter-Atlantic 3.5/5

I am really into porters right now.  I've got a couple beers waiting that I'm excited for.  Stone Milk Stout, Founders Dark Penance and Founders Porter which I know rules already.  Pumpkin porters are awesome.

I'm on it, but never really use it.

I drank a six pack of Hop Nosh IPA last night.  It's a 7.3% IPA from SLC.  Wasn't bad, but I didn't feel like it was anything special.  I'd drink it again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.  It was also a little sweeter than I like my IPAs to be.

Brewing a pumpkin beer today.  Little late in the season, but I don't care :)

I wish sweet water made it out to this corner of the country. I've really liked all their beers that I've tried

I made a clone of it a year or two ago and it was excellent.

I picked up Sierra Nevada's Snowpack.  Might be a little early for dark beers and stouts, but they both sounded good.

I like beer and am on untapped.  Add me too all!

username: twistedshabazz (like on here)

On a beer related note i somehow found a case of pumking at my local distributor. i am going to be drinking the shit out of that.  surprised i did because it always sells out so quickly.

i was lucky enough to grab an early batch of it straight from the mothers teet when i went to the brewery.  once it hits your lips its so good.