The Beer Thread

Brewer up here does a Pale with Citra and Amarillo and it is really tasty. Great combo.

That's my hope. All three hops are known for their citrus notes, so combined with the Vermont Ale (Heady Topper) yeast strain I used, it should be citrusy and bitter. I'm going for a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed profile but with a bit more bite.

I've yet to have a Heady Topper since they don't distribute out this way, so I'm pretty curious to how it is going to taste. The description from the yeast was that it had a "slight fruity ester that is amazing with aromatic hops," so I guess we'll see what comes of it.

Either way, it made for a fun day.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The UFO Radler is REALLY just juice. It is like alcoholic seltzer. 

Speaking of juice beer, I picked you up "The Wind" from Lost Nation yesterday. On cask it was so fruity and juicy that I dumped a shot of tequila in it and drank it like a cocktail. I think the bottle has a little more carbonation, I've heard it drinks more beer-y. 

The Wind is our classic Gose dry hopped with Citra hops and grapefruit. Some of you may have had this beer in the past as a cask beer. Well we liked it so much that we figured out how to bottle it.

• 2 weeks later...

The UFO Radler is REALLY just juice. It is like alcoholic seltzer. 

Speaking of juice beer, I picked you up "The Wind" from Lost Nation yesterday. On cask it was so fruity and juicy that I dumped a shot of tequila in it and drank it like a cocktail. I think the bottle has a little more carbonation, I've heard it drinks more beer-y. 

The Wind is our classic Gose dry hopped with Citra hops and grapefruit. Some of you may have had this beer in the past as a cask beer. Well we liked it so much that we figured out how to bottle it.

dude! stoked on that! We should do a trade this or next month. I've been squirreling stuff away for ya haha