The Beer Thread

On 6/14/2017 at 10:29 AM, ptothedo said:

Some good stuff being released in the Pittsburgh area.  If anyone wants to do a trade let me know.

Dancing Gnome doing good things.  Glad they started canning.  Brew Gentlemen is one of my favorite current breweries.  Hope they can someday!  Have some buddies going there tomorrow & hopefully bringing me back a growler of Lou.

16 hours ago, mrewest said:

Dancing Gnome doing good things.  Glad they started canning.  Brew Gentlemen is one of my favorite current breweries.  Hope they can someday!  Have some buddies going there tomorrow & hopefully bringing me back a growler of Lou.

I'll second that. Both Gnome & BG are fantastic! Would love if BG canned/bottled soon

@batman @BuzzersonKillwell

Just got back from our VT trip. We weren't able to get outside of Waitsfield after our hike but was able to get my hands on some Sip of Sunshine, Heady Topper, Maine Beer Co - MO and Rock Art's Limited Access at the Village Grocery in town. I grabbed a pint of Hill Farmstead's Edward at Mad Taco and it blew me away. Such a superb APA! Also had Fiddlehead's Second Fiddle DIPA and  Drop-In's Heart of Lothian Scottish Brown Ale during dinner at Fire & Ice in Middlebury before we started our hike. Both were really tasty. I was a bit surprised with Heart of Lothian, as it didn't seem to get much love in ratings, etc. Was super fresh/drinkable and had awesome flavor.

Thanks for all of the insight and recommendations. Definitely looking forward to getting back up to VT/Maine again next year. 

Edited by David The Gnome

4 hours ago, David The Gnome said:

@batman @BuzzersonKillwell

Just got back from our VT trip. We weren't able to get outside of Waitsfield after our hike but was able to get my hands on some Sip of Sunshine, Heady Topper, Maine Beer Co - MO and Rock Art's Limited Access at the Village Grocery in town. I grabbed a pint of Hill Farmstead's Edward at Mad Taco and it blew me away. Such a superb APA! Also had Fiddlehead's Second Fiddle DIPA and  Drop-In's Heart of Lothian Scottish Brown Ale during dinner at Fire & Ice in Middlebury before we started our hike. Both were really tasty. I was a bit surprised with Heart of Lothian, as it didn't seem to get much love in ratings, etc. Was super fresh/drinkable and had awesome flavor.

Thanks for all of the insight and recommendations. Definitely looking forward to getting back up to VT/Maine again next year. 

That's awesome! Love me some Edward and MO. Maine Beer Co. is fantastic. 

I'm up near Boston for the week. Had some Trillium DDH Scaled & Launch Beer and Hill Farmstead Society and Solitude. 

Edited by batman

So many great breweries up in that area. My husband and I are planning our honeymoon in and around the NE area for September 2018. 

Been on a huge Richmond, VA kick this summer. Lots of The Veil and The Answer.  Anyone here tried their brews?

Also, it's fruited season here in Texas so pretty much every weekend has been spent at Jester King.  The Atrial release this past weekend was fucking nuts, but in a good way. 

• 8 months later...
7 hours ago, mrewest said:

Has it really been July since anyone posted here??

Anyways, making a plea to anyone in Richmond VA that might be able to hit up The Answer on Saturday.  Dying for that Zelda glass!

All those video game glasses have been going stupid fast, and then for stupid amounts of money. That Zelda one is great, though. If you're ever in town, come by Triple Crossing too. We make those good good hazy IPAs and have been doing a lot of wild ales lately.

25 minutes ago, stranaspank said:

All those video game glasses have been going stupid fast, and then for stupid amounts of money. That Zelda one is great, though. If you're ever in town, come by Triple Crossing too. We make those good good hazy IPAs and have been doing a lot of wild ales lately.

You work at TC? 

Ill be stopping in RVA with my wife on our way to OBX in late May. We’re gonna hit Veil, Answer & TC before getting back on the road. 

6 hours ago, stranaspank said:

Yeah I know this is the first one I really really wanna get my hands on.  But I love the others, especially Mega Man.  

Def heard good things about TC.  

20 hours ago, David The Gnome said:

You work at TC? 

Ill be stopping in RVA with my wife on our way to OBX in late May. We’re gonna hit Veil, Answer & TC before getting back on the road. 

Yeah, I've been a server there since we opened our second location in December 2016. Trying to get to a point where I can quit my day job and just work at the brewery full time. First beer is on me if I'm working!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 6:17 PM, jonrawks said:

Anyone recommend some breweries in Chicago?  Off Color, Revolution and Forbidden Root are the ones I'm for sure hitting.  But other suggestions would be appreciated.  Also, anything good that gets distributed there that I should look for (I'm on the west coast)

I'm guessing your trip out here is long past, since you posted this 2+ months ago -- but I could definitely give you a bunch of recommendations if it somehow hasn't, or if you're making another trip at some point. 

I also came here to see if anyone would be interested in doing some regional trades? I'm (obviously) in Chicago, and can hook people up with stuff from the Midwest. VC beer exchange should definitely be a thing.

• 8 months later...