The Beer Thread

I'll pick up a bottle at some point if there isn't actually bacon in it.

there isn't. just beer and liquid smoke.

I was bummed when i tried it, but that beer was just....yeeesh.

If you guys wanna try an awesome smoked beer though, get ahold of this:

[image]

It's FUCKING AMAZING. The malt is smoked over alder wood in an Alaskan smokehouse that smokes salmon, and the results are phenomenal. Best of all, it was decently priced too when i bought it (about 8 bucks a bomber)

Cracked it. It's smoky, but not massively (nowhere close to a smoked oatmeal stout or anything like that). Not as sweet as I thought it would be, but you can taste the bacon and maple. Could do with a bit more maple flavour.

And Bronchitis, sorry, bacon is listed as one of the 13 (!) ingredients.

Cracked it. It's smoky, but not massively (nowhere close to a smoked oatmeal stout or anything like that). Not as sweet as I thought it would be, but you can taste the bacon and maple. Could do with a bit more maple flavour.

And Bronchitis, sorry, bacon is listed as one of the 13 (!) ingredients.

Thanks for the info! That will save me the time it would of taken to find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few good Canadian beers on saturday:

Amsterdam Bock - Super malty and pretty tastey

Hop Head Double IPA from Tree Brewery in BC. It was AMAZING!

Baltic Proter from Garrison brewery. Probably one of the best beers I've ever tasted.

And a few from the US:

unearthly Imperial IPA from Southern Tier. Awesome stuff! Glad I picked up quite a few bottles of it!

Monster Ale by Brooklyn. Anyone had this? It's probably my new favourite (I'm a huge barley wine fan)

what ever happened to st.ides?

i went for a 40 of it tonight and my liquor store doesn't cary them anymore.

i had my elliott smith record out and everything.

I've never seen St. Ides. Do they still make it?

On a similar note, has anyone ever seen Champale? I've been on a search for it for years, traversing the east coast multiple times, and have never seen it. I've had one friend validate it's existence in Athens, but he brought back no proof.

[image]

They still make it

been trying to find the Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA.

I had a Jester King Noble King the other night, not as heavy as their other brews but still really good and refreshing. not as dark as the Russian Imperial Stouts i normally drink either.

i struggled with the 120 minute. its a good beer, but i had a hard time finishing one

been trying to find the Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA.

I had a Jester King Noble King the other night, not as heavy as their other brews but still really good and refreshing. not as dark as the Russian Imperial Stouts i normally drink either.

i struggled with the 120 minute. its a good beer, but i had a hard time finishing one

It's 18% ABV, and you can definitely taste the alcohol during it's first couple of years after it's released. It mellows over time. Much easier to drink after it's aged a few years. Still delicious new, though I prefer the DFH Olde School Barlywine.

I'm loving IPA's right now. I had some Stone IPA last weekend. I'm lovin' it.

Anyone like Two Brothers (peeps in the midwest & New York)? I've only ever had their Resistance IPA and the Bitter End Pale Ale. I like both. I've really wanted to try more but have never gotten around to it. I'm playing at the Two Brothers Roundhouse in Aurora, IL next month. Looks like someone's driving me home.

[image]

My current favorite. The Brewery was destroyed in Hurricane Irene but the cannery is open and makes one beer. Heady Topper Double IPA.

Currently #7 on Beer Advocate top 100 beers! Go Vermont.

There ya go! I've got a 4-pk at the house right now.

Here is my new jam though:

[image]

I'm loving IPA's right now. I had some Stone IPA last weekend. I'm lovin' it.

Anyone like Two Brothers (peeps in the midwest & New York)? I've only ever had their Resistance IPA and the Bitter End Pale Ale. I like both. I've really wanted to try more but have never gotten around to it. I'm playing at the Two Brothers Roundhouse in Aurora, IL next month. Looks like someone's driving me home.

ive probably said it about 9 times in this thread that IPAs are my favorite. and stone is also one of them... awesome awesome beer

unearthly Imperial IPA from Southern Tier. Awesome stuff! Glad I picked up quite a few bottles of it!

This one is pretty awesome. I love the Southern Tier beers. I'm celebrating my birthday tomorrow, and I'm gonna have the Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout at my favorite bar. It's a rare treat, because it's $47 a bottle :( (and you can't find the Southern Tier beers anywhere but bars/pubs here in Norway). Such a ridiculous beer.

lucky enough to snag some pliny the younger and a pint of sculpin ipa habaneno

I was lucky(and determined) to drink lots of the Younger this year. The Elder is still my favorite every day beer, but I am already looking forward to next year's release.

Also, Hopocalypse by Drakes is very tasty for hopheads.

I'm gonna have the Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout at my favorite bar. It's a rare treat, because it's $47 a bottle :(

wow! that's insane. i take advantage of the fact its like an hour and a half away from me and i get their beers all the time.

edit: that being said, if i was in your situation, i would absolutely pay $47 for a bottle of Southern Tier's Pumking around halloween/thanksgiving. would be 100% worth every penny.