The Beer Thread

just tried Southern Tier's 2XMAS last night at a bar.  If I didn't know about the Great Lakes Christmas Ale, the 2XMAS would be hands down my favorite christmas beer.

Had a little of this last night as well, I enjoyed it, didn't love it, but I don't love the style so, take from that what you will.

Had a whole bunch of weird shit last night, half-pours so only a little of each. Tried a Koutská 10 from Pivovar Kout na Šumavě, allegedly the first time it has been in the US? It was a Czech Pilsner, mellow, sort of grassy and a little sweet. Super drinkable, and tasty for sure, really enjoyed it. Had a Schloss Eggenbeerg Doppelbock Dunkel, which I hated. I figured I would coming in, at 14% I guessed it would be sweet as hell and it was. Not for me.

Rounded out with Lawsons Kiwi Paradise Obovoid Oak-Aged Oatmeal Stout, both I really liked. 

• 2 months later...

Has anyone ever had Okanagan Spring - 1516.  Not sure if it exists in America, but holy fuck is it tasty.

I'll see if we get that here in Saskatchewan. I know we get a few different OS beers so I'll have to check.

I picked up 24 Granville Island Winter Ale's when I was in Winnipeg this weekend. Probably my favourite beer and we can't buy it here.

I'll see if we get that here in Saskatchewan. I know we get a few different OS beers so I'll have to check.

I picked up 24 Granville Island Winter Ale's when I was in Winnipeg this weekend. Probably my favourite beer and we can't buy it here.

That's too bad, Granville Island is great and it's everywhere here.  You won't be dissapointed with 1516 if you find it.  It's in my top 3 for sure.

That's too bad, Granville Island is great and it's everywhere here.  You won't be dissapointed with 1516 if you find it.  It's in my top 3 for sure.

We can only buy the Pale Ale and the Maple Cream Ale here. I tried their IPA in Winnipeg as well I really liked it.

I just looked it up and we can get an OS "Craft Pack" that has Okanagan Spring Original Lager, Brewmaster's Black Lager, 1516 Bavarian Lager and Pale Ale.

Next time I buy beer I'll definitely be buying that!

Anyone hear about that game of thrones beer coming out? Someone should ship it up to me if they find it ;)

Yeah I told my wife about that yesterday and she became very excited.  I look forward to trying to find it hopefully its as wide a release as they're calling for it.