The Beer Thread

Check out some of these on beer advocate

This is my go to place for beer ratings. 

Amber/Red Ale != Amber Lager.

But as far as a solid Amber lager, Great Lakes Eliot Ness is basic, easy to find (provided they distribute to your area), and quite tasty.

So yuengling has an Octoberfest... maybe you guys know all about that but it was news to me. Pretty yummy, pretty light.

I was talking to the guy at Total Wine about pumpkin beers, and he said the Pumpking was pretty fucking strong. I've heard the dogfish head pumkin is the bee's tits from multiple people tho. Basically i'm asking which pumpkin beers i should check out besides pumpking. I can't do super strong beers, most IPAs, and i despise beers with citrus notes (not that a pumpkin beer would necessarily posses citrus notes... just sayin)

So yuengling has an Octoberfest... maybe you guys know all about that but it was news to me. Pretty yummy, pretty light.

I was talking to the guy at Total Wine about pumpkin beers, and he said the Pumpking was pretty fucking strong. I've heard the dogfish head pumkin is the bee's tits from multiple people tho. Basically i'm asking which pumpkin beers i should check out besides pumpking. I can't do super strong beers, most IPAs, and i despise beers with citrus notes (not that a pumpkin beer would necessarily posses citrus notes... just sayin)

Pumking doesnt taste too strong, the pureed pumpkin in it makes for a very flavorful, amazing beer. 

No IPAs and no citrus notes? That just makes me sad

• 2 weeks later...

Caimbridge Brewing Company barrel aged their Pumpkin Ale from last year, and introduced some bacteria to make it a sour. I love sour beers, and as I leave Northern California (Russian River makes some of the best sours on Earth) for Boston, I'm happy to see there will be somewhere to go for a creative sour. I'm also happy to be moving back East where they appreciate the pumpkin ale. No one in California seems to give a shit about pumpkin ales.

Caimbridge Brewing Company barrel aged their Pumpkin Ale from last year, and introduced some bacteria to make it a sour. I love sour beers, and as I leave Northern California (Russian River makes some of the best sours on Earth) for Boston, I'm happy to see there will be somewhere to go for a creative sour.

I'm with you monsterrod, I dig a good sour.  I had New Belgium's La Folie earlier today and really enjoyed it.  I also had Speakeasy's Big Daddy Wet Hop IPA.  It was good, but nothing special.  I feel that way about everything I've had from them though.