The Beer Thread

for all of y'all super into Founders, they put out their release schedule for 2014. Breakfast Stout will be even easier to get now (assuming it's in your market), which is pretty sweet.

One thing i think is kind of a weird decision is to make Red's Rye IPA a seasonal AND a year round. Draft is year round, bottles are Jan-Apr. Also, small bummer that Cerise isn't happening, but Rubaeus is pretty good too. 

2014-Availability-Calendar-920x710.jpg

Went to Melt last night and got a Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA. Was pretty good, actually, as I'm not a huge fan of IPAs because they make me sneeze (yeah its weird)

Anyone have any recommendations for a good pale Christmas ale? Not a huge fan of really dark beers

Sierra Nevada's Celebration is a Pale Ale

Sam Adams has a Christmas-y ale called Old Fezzewig, but it's only available in their Winter variety packs and it only comes with two.  So...I'm no help.  

I've had their White Christmas that I really like, actually. I'll have to get that sampler pack and try what you recommended

Sierra Nevada's Celebration is a Pale Ale

I'll have to look for that next time I go get some

I had Lagunitas Fusion 18 (10% Imperial IPA) earlier today, it was excellent.  Incredible floral aroma, not overly sweet and it finished a little bitter.  That brewery pumps out such good beer.

Lagunitas Sumpin' Ale is by far my all time favorite beer. I haven't had the Fusion before but it sounds great. Favorite brewery ever.

(Sorry if this has been mentioned before) but has anyone ever had any Enjoy By IPA by Stone? I was introduced it & the idea behind it about a month or two ago and it was some of the best beer I've ever had.

The Chocolate Cherry Bock in that... Woof.  

Yeah, I was interested in trying that one.  And then I did.  And it tasted like a slush puppy (that might just be a New England thing, but I assure you, that's not what you want a beer to taste like).  So the one remaining one of that and the two Juniper IPAs might be hanging around the fridge for quite awhile...

Lagunitas Sumpin' Ale is by far my all time favorite beer. I haven't had the Fusion before but it sounds great. Favorite brewery ever.

(Sorry if this has been mentioned before) but has anyone ever had any Enjoy By IPA by Stone? I was introduced it & the idea behind it about a month or two ago and it was some of the best beer I've ever had.

The entire Enjoy By series is fantastic and never disappoints. So smooth and easy drinking while full of flavor with a great aroma. One of my favorite double IPAs. Only had a few, 4.01.13 and 9.13.13 with a 12.13.13 in the fridge that I plan on having very soon. 

Also, recently picked up some of the sour variants from Goose Island, Lolita and Juliet. Anyone had these before?

The entire Enjoy By series is fantastic and never disappoints. So smooth and easy drinking while full of flavor with a great aroma. One of my favorite double IPAs. Only had a few, 4.01.13 and 9.13.13 with a 12.13.13 in the fridge that I plan on having very soon.

Also, recently picked up some of the sour variants from Goose Island, Lolita and Juliet. Anyone had these before?

I agree that the Enjoy By series is awesome. The 12.13 tastes a little piney in my opinion.

I have had the Goose Island sours. I didn't really care for them, but of the 2 Juliet was better.

Found Breakfast Stout at a mix n match beer store in Philly. Went to see Sainthood Reps, Diamond Youth, Citizen and Polar Bear Club at the church in Philly. There's a little mart with a fantastic beer selection in there. I got an Old Forge Overbite IPA 7.5 American IPA which was hoppy and smooth. Really enjoyed that at the show. (they allow cans to be brought in, everyone usual has PBR, high life and rolling rock) Made a stop after the show and got a mixed 6 pack:

3 Founders Breakfast Stouts

1 Founders All Day IPA

1 Flying Dog Raging Bitch

1 Whale Tail Pale Ale (The name was too fun to pass up. No shame haha)

Excited to try these and enjoy breakfast stout again!

I tried the Breakfast Stout and the Bastard Scotch Ale the other night.  Both were really good.  The Breakfast Stout tasted like I was drinking straight coffee and I loved it.  Would have liked a little more chocolate flavor to it though.  It was a "double chocolate, coffee, and oatmeal stout" after all.