The Beer Thread

It is a pretty solid IPA. But I prefer Sculpin or Pliny. Also! There is a brewery here in Northern CA called Knee Deep and they make this phenomenal IPA called Hoptologist.  I love IPAs that have that piney / citrusy flavor from whatever magic hop they are using.

Where in Northern California are you located?

I just went to Knee Deep's new taproom they opened in Auburn at the beginning of January. It was great. Few taproom only offerings including a Session IPA that was incredible.

Also, I hit up Ballast Point when I was in San Diego. The Sculpin direct from the tap is amazing. Really makes you appreciate when you get a fresh batch at the bottle shop.

Where in Northern California are you located?

I just went to Knee Deep's new taproom they opened in Auburn at the beginning of January. It was great. Few taproom only offerings including a Session IPA that was incredible.

Also, I hit up Ballast Point when I was in San Diego. The Sculpin direct from the tap is amazing. Really makes you appreciate when you get a fresh batch at the bottle shop.

Meh, it doesn't matter much, as I am actually going to be moving in a few weeks. But I currently reside just a few hours from Sac.  I have yet to make it to Knee Deep's taproom, but it is definitely something I have been meaning to do.

Right? Fresh IPAs are the best. There are some, like Pliny, that after 20 days or so it just isn't even worth the buy. That is why I am thankful for breweries that post the bottle date... It's just the kind thing to do!

Right? Fresh IPAs are the best. There are some, like Pliny, that after 20 days or so it just isn't even worth the buy. That is why I am thankful for breweries that post the bottle date... It's just the kind thing to do!

If you haven't had Stone's Enjoy By, go track one down.  I think you'd enjoy it.  The last one I had was excellent.

If you haven't had Stone's Enjoy By, go track one down.  I think you'd enjoy it.  The last one I had was excellent.

The Enjoy By: 12.13.13 was AMAZING. I don't drink a lot (because when I do, it usually involves me drinking by myself whilst watching Netflix) but I will admit to buying three bottles of that. So.... yes. You know what is up.

Meh, it doesn't matter much, as I am actually going to be moving in a few weeks. But I currently reside just a few hours from Sac.  I have yet to make it to Knee Deep's taproom, but it is definitely something I have been meaning to do.

You should definitely hit it up before you leave. You could do the Auburn Alehouse for lunch and then hit up Out of Bounds in Rocklin. If you keep driving, Sacramento has a few fun spots too.

And Bottle Dates are the best thing that has happened to IPA's. Nothing worse then getting a 22 only to find out that it has been sitting around way past it's freshness point.