The Beer Thread

I use Simple-Note for my personal notes.   BeerSmith was mentioned earlier and I've heard good things about it.  If you don't want to pay for that, Brew Target is pretty much the open source equivalent.  I keep meaning to switch over to that completely, but I've been lazy.

I pull a lot of recipes off of Homebrewtalk, but there are plenty of other sources too.

I downloaded Brew Target, but haven't installed it yet.

After creating a login, I was able to replicate the recipe on the brewology101 website and it synced to my phone. I think I'm going to give it a whirl on our second batch and see if its a good fit for brew day.

After creating a login, I was able to replicate the recipe on the brewology101 website and it synced to my phone. I think I'm going to give it a whirl on our second batch and see if its a good fit for brew day.

I'll have to check out that site.  I have a bad tendency not to look for new sites/apps/etc once I find something that works well enough for me.

I tried my clone of Bell's Two Hearted Ale last night and it turned out really damn good.  Bell's doesn't distribute here, so I haven't tried the original and can't make a comparison, but I'm pretty pleased with how the batch turned out.

I'll have to check out that site.  I have a bad tendency not to look for new sites/apps/etc once I find something that works well enough for me.

I tried my clone of Bell's Two Hearted Ale last night and it turned out really damn good.  Bell's doesn't distribute here, so I haven't tried the original and can't make a comparison, but I'm pretty pleased with how the batch turned out.

that's a good clone to make. as far as everyday Pales/IPAs, Two Hearted is one of my desert island beers

there ABSOLUTELY does. especially if i can take home a bottle of Partridge. I got caught up in getting the whole series, and as it stands, I've got years 2-6 (out of 12), but never scooped up the first release

They did not have it. I'm like 99% sure they did have a few bottles but it is gone now. 

I'll have to check out that site. I have a bad tendency not to look for new sites/apps/etc once I find something that works well enough for me.

I tried my clone of Bell's Two Hearted Ale last night and it turned out really damn good. Bell's doesn't distribute here, so I haven't tried the original and can't make a comparison, but I'm pretty pleased with how the batch turned out.

If it tasted like the best beer ever, then you nailed it.

Related, Richmond is in the throws of the Hypeslam. $25 6 packs are being gobbled up.

This is "coming soon" at my pub. Speaking of which, dark beer event tonight. I'm on a serious diet, can only have like 2 or 3. Anyone have a strong recommendation for anything particular below?

1780061_808065795889522_177541833_o.jpg

That W00t Stout was surprisingly good. It might cut ya back to just ONE beer tonight though, haha