The Beer Thread

This is "coming soon" at my pub. Looking forward to it. Speaking of which, dark beer event tonight. I'm on a serious diet, can only have like 2 or 3. Anyone have a strong recommendation for anything particular below?

1780061_808065795889522_177541833_o.jpg

just do 2-3 ounce tasters. also, im dying to try that dutch creme brulee stout. ugh, jealous. 

This is "coming soon" at my pub. Looking forward to it. Speaking of which, dark beer event tonight. I'm on a serious diet, can only have like 2 or 3. Anyone have a strong recommendation for anything particular below?

1780061_808065795889522_177541833_o.jpg

The Stone Espresso IRS sounds fantastic.  May only be able to have just one though...

i never drink a barleywine sooner than 4 years after buying it. 

Then you're missing out. I'ts difficult to see progression if you don't have a baseline. plus a good amount of BWs hit a lot of great marks right from the beginning, like Bigfoot or Ole School. 

Although Olde School is hot as shit fresh, but sometimes I like that in a beer. A beer that bites back ;)

(edit: like the Olde School i'm drinking right now, haha)

Then you're missing out. I'ts difficult to see progression if you don't have a baseline. plus a good amount of BWs hit a lot of great marks right from the beginning, like Bigfoot or Ole School. 

Although Olde School is hot as shit fresh, but sometimes I like that in a beer. A beer that bites back ;)

(edit: like the Olde School i'm drinking right now, haha)

let me clarify ---- BOTTLES i dont drink sooner than 4 years. ive had plenty of fresh barleywines on DRAFT, including both bigfoot and olde school. 

We talking Dogfish Head Olde School? Tastes like a rum-soaked fruit cake. 

haha yeah i can see that. at 18%, what else do you expect? DFH has such a hard on for 18% beers.

anyone here had their FORT? it was a 18% beer brewed with raspberries. Tasted like a framboise. I called it the panty dropper cause women loved it and i always had to limit them to 1 when they came to my bar..they never understood why until i told them the ABV haha. 

haha yeah i can see that. at 18%, what else do you expect? DFH has such a hard on for 18% beers.

anyone here had their FORT? it was a 18% beer brewed with raspberries. Tasted like a framboise. I called it the panty dropper cause women loved it and i always had to limit them to 1 when they came to my bar..they never understood why until i told them the ABV haha. 

Now there is a beer that becomes the tits if you let it sit around. Right now the 2005 Fort is FUCKING RIDICULOUSLY GOOD.