Worthy Brewing - Eruption Imperial Red

Speakeasy Ales - Big Daddy IPA

Uncommon Brewing - Bacon Brown Ale

Brickyard Brewing - Brickyard IPA

Almanac Beer Co - Golden Gate Gose

Amnesia Brewing - ESB

Old Schoolhouse - Ruud Awakening IPA

Orlison Brewing - Pilsner 37

La Folie 2014 and Rats in the Ashes were probably my favorites of the bunch. The Almanac Gose was great of course, but I won't count that since i've had it a few times already.

La Folie is so good.

Thanks, man. I'll look into it.

Find a homebrew shop that does hands on classes. My local shop does it and it sounds like a great way to test the waters without making a huge monetary commitment. The class is like $75 and you use all of their equipment to make a beer which they then ferment on-site for you and you come back in like two - three weeks to bottle. Great way to learn the process and get comfortable figuring out if it's for you without spending hundreds and hundreds on equipment (which you will have to do if you want to get more serious).

What's the startup cost to brewing your own beer?

What all is needed?

#curious

I'd recommend what atticus or michaelmanfredi suggested to start.  If you want to hop into setup to do extract brewing, you're probably looking at $100-150.  All grain will be even more.  It's not really an inexpensive hobby to start out with, but I think it starts to pay for itself if you brew enough.  Anyway, I'd recommend trying it out before committing too much money to it.  It's a very rewarding hobby, but it's not for everyone.  If you do get really interested, I'd recommend homebrewtalk.com and http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html Both are treasure troves of information.

I'm getting married in July and want to get my groomsmen an etched pint glass and a different growler for each. Two of the guys are like me, into beer but not like obsession style. One guy is a true snob, I know he loves imperials, some stout and some barley wine brew.

What suggestions do you guys have based on that?

I live in cleveland too, so I have to be able to find this locally somewhere!

Going back home for a few days for some family things, being able to drink some MT beer is going to make things much easier.  As much as I dislike that state, they've got a really strong small microbrewery scene.  My mom informed me that I'm going straight from the airport to fill growlers, can't think of a better destination.

Split a 6 pack of Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale with the lady a few nights ago.  Didn't realize it was 9.7% when I bought it and wouldn't have guessed that by the flavor.  It's a little sweeter than I prefer and probably wouldn't drink more than one in a sitting, but all around a really solid beer.  Plus, it has an entertaining story behind it.

We also split an Elysian Dayglow IPA.  It wasn't a bad beer by any means, just nothing too special.  The label art is the best part of the beer.

We also split an Elysian Dayglow IPA.  It wasn't a bad beer by any means, just nothing too special.  The label art is the best part of the beer.

The Co-op in Everett just got a bunch of this. Almost bought it based off the artwork alone, but went with the Justice sours instead. I'm not too torn up about that decision. 

The Co-op in Everett just got a bunch of this. Almost bought it based off the artwork alone, but went with the Justice sours instead. I'm not too torn up about that decision. 

I think you made the right call there.  Plus, Elysian's stuff seems to stick around for a while.  I'd be surprised if you never saw it again.

Are any of you Seattle area guys or gals going to the Seattle International Beerfest this year?  I'm going to try and take at least one of the days off for it.

Is there anything else coming up in September? Probably going to the Fremont Oktoberfest again. Had a good time last year.

I always seem to miss everything, but Seattle International.  I want to try and catch Oktoberfest and Hop Scotch this year, both of sound like a blast.

I haven't looked into beerfests since I've gotten here. But I'll probably try and check out as many as I can.

http://www.washingtonbeerblog.com/washington-beer-events/ should help you find some beer related things to check out.  There doesn't seem to be any shortage of them!