The Beer Thread

This is hands down one of my favorite beers.

[image]

This is a polish beer it's 7% but it goes down really easy it's very very tasty.

My second Favorite beer is only available in Ontario I think but it's incredible [image]

Hahaha I'm actually in Poland right now, been here for two months and have downed tons of Warka. It's decent but Poland has some better beers.

My favourite so far is Kozlak and Kasztelan. Kasztelan is an unpasteurized beer and there's a bar by my school that sells em for 4 zl a pint (about $1.30). Being Canadian especially the price blows my mind for how good the beer is.

Ontario has a bunch of really amazing breweries that make tons of amazing beers. For the longest time my go to was Mill Street Organic. This past summer though I almost only drank Flying Monkey, a rad brewery from Barrie Ontario. Their labels are super dumb, as is their name, which kept me off them for a while but the beer is so good I don't even care. The Anti-Gravity is the best light beer I've ever had and their Smash Bomb IPA rules too. I think it's out in Ontario now but I haven't been home since August but they had a 14% double IPA called Super Collider hitting shelves, really excited to get home and try it.

They also brew all sorts of one off specialty kegs. They brewed a bubble gum beer for their launch party at the Museum Cafe in Kitchener and it is still to this day the BEST pint I've ever had. I know, it sounds awful but somehow they made it amazing. Full beer taste and a second or two a bubble gum after taste kicks in nicely.

I've been on a big Belgian kick lately and have been loving everything from Fantome, when I can find it. The Hiver is my favorite. If you like true to the style Saisons that are really chewy, citrusy and earthy, I highly recommend it. I had a bottle last night:

[image]

And last week I grabbed a bottle of the BBB Dark White and the La Dalmatienne

[image]

[image]

I've been on a big Belgian kick lately and have been loving everything from Fantome, when I can find it. The Hiver is my favorite. I had a bottle last night

If you are on a Belgian kick I highly recommend Corsendonk Christmas Ale. You will not be disappointed my fine sir.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

I added more to the above post, as I hit reply accidentally before finishing.

Drank a bunch of different stuff this weekend:

[image]

Smells and tastes like orange soda

[image]

Probably my least favorite pumpkin, didn't do anything for me.

[image]

This one was recommended here and it was really good. At 6.50 it was the cheapest I have heard it being at.

[image]

So delicious.

just got a couple bottles of 3 Floyds XV Anniversary Ballerstout, was gonna hang on to em for a special occasion but I think one is calling my name right about now.

Oh dip! That stuff is supposed to be legendary. Did you catch municipal waste and the melvins? How many you got? I've gotta 2011 dark lord for trade!

This place in Elgin is doing a 12 beers of Christmas promotion. If you have all 12 by Christmas, you get a free hat. I don't care about the hat, I'm gonna drink lots of beer.

Which place, Prairie Rock?

Elgin Public House.

Here's the list:

Anderson Valley Winter Solstace

Anchor Porter

Bell's Christmas Ale

Bell's Winter Ale

Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout

Goose Island Mild Winter

Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale

Left Hand Milk Stout

New Holland Dragon's Milk